Chapter 50 - Right, Let's Make A Carriage

It’s morning~ so time to get up!

Lily and Arisa were both working today, so I went to the dining hall and ate breakfast. The menu was a hot dog. With sauce. It seems the cook immediately tried making it.

Nom, nom, nom. Yep, this was completely different. It wasn’t wrong, but what is this? It’s not spicy. It’s like Worcestershire… but something different… I’m not too sure what it is.

Anyways, I ate in peace for today. In other words, whenever a person tried calling out to me, it seems that the two of them would stop them and drive them away.

After finishing the meal, I left the inn with Norn and headed towards the gates. I was going to see the children today.

As I came up to the gates with that in mind, a sudden thought occurred to me. Right, let’s make that. And so I observed that for a bit before heading out of town.

Hmm, just looking at it from the outside wasn’t enough. It was something like this, or this… I wonder if there’s a skill that would allow me to understand the internal structure.

As I was observing things by projecting mana through my eyes, I ended up gaining a new skill. The skill was called Analyze. Apparently, it seems to be an upgraded version of Appraisal. It seems another troublesome thing appeared… but I’m going to use it since this was the skill I needed. It’s fine as long as no one finds out!

I resumed heading out of town after finding out what I wanted to know using my new skill.

I exited the town and began looking around for the children. But they weren’t there. Usually when they notice me, they would just come over by themselves, hmm.

Ah, didn’t they say that they would be gathering in the shallow areas of the forest? Did they already go into the forest?

And so I started moving towards the forest but someone called out to me.

“Big sis Ren! You’re back!”

“Yui, how are you doing?”

“Good! Thanks to big sis.”

It’s Yui. It appears her cheeks were more plump than before. She seems to be eating properly. Shin was following behind her. The other children were also rushing over here.

“I’m back. I’ll be staying for a bit for now.”

“Are you planning on going somewhere again afterwards?”

“Yes, I’m thinking of traveling to a nearby village since there’s something I want there, but it’s not right away.”

“Is that so…”

Everyone was a bit disappointed, but it couldn’t be helped.

“Are you all going to gather herbs now? Can I go with you all?”

“Of course!”

Everyone was smiling brightly. Yep, everyone looks energetic. I also smiled and we began moving right away.

When we arrived in the forest, we decided to head deeper to where we were gathering before. As expected, there wasn’t much to gather in the shallower areas. But the gathering spot we headed to was more sparse than before, so we wouldn’t get as much if we gathered here.

So in the end, I decided to move a little further than the previous gathering pot. It was for my own convenience. Because there was something I wanted to do.

When we arrived, the children began gathering. I called Norn over and asked her to be more vigilant than usual, and told her she could attack first instead of defending. I took the children into the depths of the forest for my own convenience, so I prioritized the safety of the children first.