Chapter 52 - My Plans Have Not Been Decided Yet

Now that the carriage was complete, I began preparations to leave the inn. As such, I finished the sales at the guild and returned back to the inn to look for Lily.

I could just tell the receptionist, but since I was most familiar with Lily I decided to tell her.

Now just where… found her.

“Lily.”

“Ah, Ren. Welcome back.”

“Thanks. Um, Lily. I’m actually thinking about leaving the inn tomorrow morning.”

“Hmm, are you perhaps going somewhere again?”

“Yes.”

“Where are you going?”

“A village up north, it’s a village just beyond the river in the west. I’m thinking of buying milk and eggs from there.”

“I see, so is it perhaps… for cooking reasons?”

“Yes, it’s for cooking reasons.”

“……”

Oh, she got all silent. Was she surprised?

“Um, Lily?”

“Ren, I’m actually planning on taking an extended vacation and returning home for a while. My parents live in the royal capital, so… if you want, would you like to go to the royal capital with me?"

“Eh?”

“You can just buy milk and eggs at the royal capital, and you’ll be able to buy a lot more than in the areas near Harula. How about it?”

“…The royal capital.”

The royal capital. I was planning to go someday, but… I would be able to buy a lot of eggs and milk if I went? In that case, it was earlier than planned but I guess I could go to the royal capital.

“It’s a very attractive proposal, I’d like to go with you if it doesn’t trouble you but…”

“Um, is there something wrong?”

“I would like to confirm some things first. Is that okay?”

“Sure, no problem.”

“Alright… first of all, am I the only one going with Lily? Since you’re going back home, I assume Salena is coming along with us?”

“Um, Arisa would also be coming along with us. Big sis had work suddenly pop up… um, something about an ogre lord? She’s got her hands full dealing with the aftermath. Initially, we were discussing postponing the return home, but…”

“So you’re going back with Arisa, not Salena?”

“Yes, Arisa is also from the royal capital. She’s actually a childhood friend, and we came here together.”

“…I see. Then, only us three girls would be going? I think that would be a bit dangerous.”

“Ah, it’s alright. Even if we look like this, both Arisa and I are D rank adventurers! I’m quite strong, you know? By the way, Arisa knows how to use a sword. Also, we have a trump card we can use to protect ourselves, so it’ll be okay!”

“A trump card?”

“Yes! But it’s a secret.”

“I see… also are we perhaps traveling by foot?”

“No, I’m planning on renting a carriage.”

Hmm, after conducting a light check there didn’t seem to be any problems. But the carriage… alright then.