Chapter 101 - Drink The Morning Herb Tea

Umm… It’s morning? Hm? The ceiling was close? What an unfamiliar ceiling… Where is this? Oh, someone was hugging me… Kuro? Ah, right. I stayed at Triela’s house last night. The ceiling was close because I was sleeping on the bunk bed…

Haa. As usual, I’m not good with mornings. I woke up early because of my habit, but… I became absent-minded because my blood pressure was low. That’s why I was dazed for a while.

Hmmm… My head has become much clearer. Let’s check my current situation. Kuro was sleeping while hugging me, burying her face in my . The time was… I always woke up at five to six o’clock in the workshop, so it should be around that time.

I didn’t have to wake up this early, so what should I do… Let’s just peel Kuro off me and change my clothes first.

I carefully peeled Kuro off me, making sure I wouldn’t wake her up. Then I changed my clothes using [Storage], used [Wash] to cleanse and brush my teeth, took out a mirror, and combed my hair. Then, as usual, I braided my hair loosely and wore my glasses. I didn’t wear my cloak.

By the way, I didn’t wear my cloak when I was here yesterday. Thanks to that, someone’s gaze towards a part of my body was painful. Disgusting.

Now that I’d finished changing my clothes… hmm, should I prepare breakfast? Then let’s wake Arle up… She wouldn’t wake up. Speaking of which, Arle had always been very hard to wake up in the morning… Even more than me.

Haa… It can’t be helped. I’ll do it by myself.

Once I left the room, I could see the inside of the boys’ room. They were wrapped in blankets, curled up on the floor sleeping. They could at least spread out a cloth or blanket on the floor other than the mattress or sheets… Well, I don’t really care.

I went down to the first floor, lit a fire in the furnace, and left it for a while until the fire became large. Then, I heat the pot of soup I made last night. After that, I took out a kettle from my [Storage], added herbs, and heated it.

The rice balls and meatballs were cold, so… steam it? The rice balls would be delicious even when they were cold. Maybe I should keep it that way to teach them how it tasted. I put the meatballs in the frying pan. I covered it with a lid and put the fire on low heat. It would burn if I leave it alone, so I timely tilted the frying pan and rolled the meatballs until it’s done.

When I was preparing the meals like that, I heard a footstep of someone coming down from the second floor. Who? Oh, Ryuu? How surprising.

“Huh? Ren?”

“Good morning, Ryuu.”

“Ah, yeah… Err, good morning? What are you doing?”

“Preparing breakfast.”

“Umm, what about Arle?”

“She’s still sleeping. She’s not a morning person.”

“Ah, you’re right…”

My hands didn’t stop even when I was having an idle talk with Ryuu. There weren’t many things to do, though.

“Umm…”

“Don’t just stand there. How about washing your face first?”

“Eh? Face?”

“You can use the hot water in the bathroom, you know?”

“Ah, yeah…”

The latitude of this country seemed to be ways toward the north. Recently, the weather had gotten colder even in the morning. It’s good that I could use hot water anytime.