Chapter 60 - Food Fight

And so we have arrived at the restaurant.

The time was a bit early for dinner. It should be around six now? With this we should be able to avoid some of the crowds. I see, it seems the two took this into consideration. Lily and Arisa sure were good kids.

Additionally, Norn and Bell were house-sitting. Sorry… it wasn’t much of an apology, but I left them some Mad Bull meat for dinner. I grilled it using the yakiniku sauce I made myself. It goes without saying that Lily and Arisa were staring quite intensely at me.

We traveled from the inn to the restaurant on foot, but since it was quite close, we arrived in less than five minutes. When we entered inside, Lily got us a waiting room and we waited for a while. Meanwhile, Lily was giving various orders to the waiter. I guess she’ll be handling the orders? Well, that was fine with me since I was the one being treated. It was my first time in this kind of place, so I wasn’t really familiar with things too…

After a while, we were led into a large hall. The tables weren’t evenly spaced apart, but they were spaced some distance apart. I guess there weren’t any private rooms since this area was for ordinary people? But it still looked quite high class despite being an area for ordinary people. Apparently, each area had different course meal selections.

Incidentally, the area for nobles was further back, and were private rooms. Lily told me all this while we were moving, I see.

We were guided to a table and a situation occurred where I had tried to pull the seat and sit down when the waiter was supposed to do it for me. And it seems there were issues with me keeping my cloak on.

I thought I was allowed to keep my cloak on? When I asked, I was told that it used to be the case, but the rule had been revised due to recent issues with the appearance of some adventurers. What should I even say here.

There was no way we were going to return without eating after having come this far. So I gave up and took off my cloak.

“I’m sorry… for something like this to happen… ”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.”

I felt apologetic towards Lily who felt that the incident was her fault. So really please don’t mind it, okay?

When I gave up and took off my cloak and gave it to the waiter, the eyes of the people in the surrounding seats immediately gathered on me and I became a bit restless. The waiter’s eyes were also wide with surprise. Mumumu.

But since we were already here, I have no choice but to ignore it, so just ignore everything!

After I recomposed myself, we chatted for a bit and the food was finally brought out. I feel excited! All the dishes were placed onto the table at once. It didn’t seem like it was course-style.

Lily explained that even though this area was used by people with more wealth, most of the people were still commoners and thus didn’t know formal dining etiquette. As such, some people would complain or be confused when the food was brought out course-style.

To begin with, when it comes to ordinary people who have money, it would usually be top adventurers or something similar. Which would make it difficult to enforce formal dining etiquette.

But it might be different if the person was a big merchant who was associated with nobles, so… I wonder how that would work out? When I asked Lily about it, she said those types of people would usually book a private room. I see, understood.

Anyways, time for the dishes then. The contents were salad, soup, and something like fried chicken. There was bread placed inside a basket, and from the looks, white bread? It was the first time I saw white bread since regaining my memories.