Chapter 76 - I Also Want To Do It!

Hello everyone, how are you guys doing? I’m Ren, and I’m forging swords every day.

I had a feeling that my skill experience was increasing day after day. I’m sure the level of my blacksmithing skill would rise to level six soon. With such a hunch, I started pondering a lot of things. Soon after I reached level six, I was planning on making a magic sword.

Ah, I want to go to the adventurer guild’s reference room and do a little research on magic swords… As I made my plans for the future, I was having a lunch break with Triela as usual.

Recently, Triela came here at noon every two or three days and talked about various things regarding the recent situation.

It seemed like on the days she came here, all of her party members went to the reference room in the morning to examine the materials and went to collect herbs in the afternoon.

On the other days, they collected herbs from the morning. Unlike before, they didn’t accept the requests to do odd jobs in the town and went to collect the herbs together…

“I feel bad for asking the librarian in the reference room every time we came…”

Right. Since all of the members at Triela’s party came from the same orphanage, they couldn’t read well. That’s why they had to ask the librarian to read the text of the books every time.

However, not only that they came with a large number of people, they had to keep asking for help. For a good-natured girl like Triela, she must be feeling bad for bothering other people continuously.

“…Then should I teach you reading and writing?”

“Eh? Ren, you can read and write!?”

“Yeah. I roughly learned it in the past year.”

Or perhaps I should say that my ability in reading and writing became equal to royalties after I regained the memories of my previous life. As expected from the higher education of modern Japan. Leave the kanji to me~! It’s all easy~!

“…I’m sorry to keep troubling you, Ren. Can you teach me?”

“No problem, please leave it to me.”

Nonetheless, it would be extremely difficult to use paper for studying.

In this world, plant paper was a common item, so everyone could buy papers without trouble. There was even toilet paper. Therefore, it was easy to find the papers normally used for writing documents.

However, the paper quality was relatively delicate. If I had to say it frankly, it was similar to the straw paper used for writing calligraphy. After all, those papers were mostly used by the commoners.

Still, those papers were much more expensive than the ones used in the bathroom. It was hard for me to tell an adventurer who used to be an orphan to buy a lot of papers to study.

Then, she had no choice but to buy the slate chalkboard and slate pencil or something like that, but… although her income had increased, the slate chalkboard was considerably expensive. I also felt kind of awkward to have her buy it on her own, how should I say this… hmm.

Ah, maybe I should just make something appropriate with the materials I have? Yeah, let’s do that.

“Please wait for a while,” I said to Triela and returned to the courtyard from the back door of the workshop.

There were some trees growing on the courtyard. I went to the shadow of a tree and took out the materials from my [Storage] and did a simple [Creation Magic].