Chapter 64 - Royal Capital Life

It has been a week since I arrived at the royal capital. Eh? Aren’t I skipping over a bit too much? Not at all, don’t worry about it.

I was currently being taken care of at Lily’s home. There were free, delicious meals every day. But Lily, please stop looking at me with such resentful eyes. I wasn’t going to make my own meals if I didn’t have to.

For the first three days after arriving at the royal capital, I explored around buying ingredients as originally planned. I had checked both the wealthy section and the commoner section. I managed to get a hold of various things so I was rather happy. I was surprised that sesame was also being sold.

I bought a lot of fabrics and yarn. As such, I made some silk underwear which felt quite nice. The underwear was very smooth and comfortable. It made me want to wear them everyday.

Additionally, Lily’s mother has been making us join her for tea every day ever since we arrived at the house. It was difficult to get hungry after drinking that much tea.

It seems that after I treated her to some orange tart, she ended up liking me even more. I heard her telling Lily things like “Don’t let her escape!” or “Just make her yours already!”

We’re both the same gender, did she understand that point?

But in truth, same-gender relations were actually quite tolerated in this world.

If you were rich or a noble, as long as an heir was properly made, it could just be considered as part of your taste. If you were a commoner the surrounding people would usually just ignore it.

Apparently, adventurers would sometimes also swing that way to appease increased 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓲𝓭𝓸 due to often experiencing life-threatening situations. Stuff like men doing things to each other deep inside a dungeon and such. They wouldn’t have taken baths either and would be all sweaty. As expected, females are much more lovely!

But marrying someone of the same gender isn’t allowed. Although it was tolerated, same-gender marriages wouldn’t be legally recognized.

As such, I would like it if Lily’s mother could ease up a little… Lily’s eyes have been getting scary recently…

But if you really want to, the old man inside me would be glad to accept, okay? Really, okay?

That was a lie. I was being absurd. I was quite scared when facing her that one time after we ate. So sorry. It can’t be helped! Because I was originally in withdrawal mode! So I need more time to decide… let’s at least get to the point where I would be comfortable with holding hands. So let’s start with holding hands first!

On the fourth day, I began taking magic lessons from Lily.

Lily’s lessons were easy to understand, and I ended up learning attribute magic quite easily. Now I know all the attributes. Afterwards, I just need to level them up. However, I didn’t really understand the basics of the attributes that I already knew, so I relearned about them in order to expand my knowledge.

Additionally, it seems attribute aptitude wouldn’t usually be known and it didn’t appear in a person’s status. But I guess it appeared for me in my status due to the effects of Appraisal.

In the end, since I had learned everything so quickly, Lily didn’t have anything more to teach me, so she also taught me about various other magic-related topics.

Aside from attributes, there were other classification of magic based on their effects. Starting from the least difficult, it would begin with the basics. Conjuring and control. Such as conjuring attribute effects on the palm, in front, or around yourself. Fire for fire attribute. Water for water attribute, and so on. However, a high level of skill was needed to create fire of extreme temperatures, or produce both hot and cold water.