Chapter 65 - First Team Up

The day after Lily became crestfallen during the magic lessons, I was told that we were going to try out a small adventurer’s request in the royal capital. It feels like this is the first time I’m partying… no, no! I’m not a loner! I’m just a solo player!

And so we came to the adventurer’s guild, but there were many people. There were also numerous receptionist windows. As expected, Harula was definitely a rural town in the countryside.

When I glanced around the place, I also saw several demi-humans I hadn’t seen in Harula. There were also some dwarves, but there didn’t seem to be any elves. Ah, but it would be rude if I stared too much so I should be careful. Ah, there’s even someone with cat ears, how cute. I see, so in this world, demi-humans like beastmen, elves, or dwarves were considered normal? I want to learn more about them.

I was in my cloak as usual. Of course, I was also wearing my glasses. Well, I was with Lily and Arisa so I don’t think I’ll be caught up in anything. Norn and Bell were also here. Eh? Isn’t it hot since it’s still June? It’s all good, I have an air-conditioning magic tool I made using magic stones inside my cloak, so the temperature is kept just right. Hooray for the Magic Conferment and Magic Tool Creation skill.

“By the way, what kind of request are we getting?”

I was under 13 years old and an E rank, while Lily and Alisa were over 13 years old and D ranks, so I could only accept requests that were suitable for low ranks. In other words, subjugating was impossible since I could only gather herbs or take on miscellaneous tasks. So it would be rather boring for them.

“It’s alright. There is a loophole for our situation.”

“Yep. In some cases, there are gathering requests aside from the permanent one, such as a request to gather a specific rare herb~”

“Is that so?”

“Yes, In the case of a gathering request that is too difficult to go alone, such as ones growing in the depths of a forest, Ren can still take on the request if there is a higher ranking adventurer accompanying you. Like when we’re partying up.”

If it’s a herb that is difficult to gather and preserve, some adventurers might even hire escorts that have specialized gathering skills. So basically with this method, even if a lower rank was in a party, a gathering request with a high reward could still be received.

Such a request would naturally lead to encounters with monsters. But the receptionist would usually overlook it unless it was too difficult for the party. So would this be considered practical use or abuse… hmm, the dark side of the guild?

“It’ll be fine, I’ll protect Ren even if a monster comes out~”

“Who was it that was helped by Ren during the bandit attack? Besides I was also the one protecting Ren using my barrier magic!”

Why are you two competing for me? I don’t really understand why… I mean, I have Norn and Bell protecting me, so I’m fine?

We went to the bulletin board where the requests were posted while bickering like that. The surrounding eyes were very painful so would the two of you quiet down a bit?

“Hmm, this one should be good, right Arisa?”

“Yes~ there aren’t any dangerous monsters in the forest there, so I guess it’ll do~? We also went there before so it should be alright~?”

“Then we’ll go with this one? Ren, is that alright?”

“If you two are fine with it so am I. I’m not familiar with this area anyways.”