5.Lost In The Valley

5.

Tell me when I can start again
I'll get it right this time
(Caitlin Canty-Lost In The Valley)

Clarke woke up and stirred, yawning. It was nine in the morning and she hadn't to go to work until three. She got up and went to the bathroom. She slowly got undressed and she went into the shower. She welcomed the hot water streaming on her body. When she came out of the cabin, she wrapped herself in a towel and went to kitchen. She put some water in the microwave and set the timer for two minutes. After having dressed herself, she put some tea in the hot water and brought some biscuits from the pantry. She sat at the table, a towel still wrapped around her hair, and started having breakfast. When she was done, she dried her hair and cleaned the bathroom. Then she decided to relax on the sofa. She took a book from her shelf and started reading. It by Stephen King, her favorite author. God, I'm a fucking cliché, a girl from a small town reading a book about a small town , she thought. Clarke Griffin had always lived in Shallow Valley. Like the vast majority of the town's inhabitants, her parents came from there and also the parents of her parents did. Her mother, Abby, was a surgeon working in Shallow Valley's hospital, while his father Jake had worked as a detective since his own death. Clarke was only sixteen at that time and she had to thank her mother and her friends if she could face what had happened without drowning in grief. After High School, she decided to become a doctor too, like her mother. She won a merit scholarship at New York University and moved there, coming back to Shallow Valley after her graduation. Like Raven, she really missed her hometown. However, once home, she decided to move from her family house to a new apartment, living with Octavia Blake, starting a new life. The Blake Brothers had always been, with Raven and Jasper, two of her best friends. She loved living with Octavia. She could seem a really tough and cold girl at a first sight, but she truly was a good-hearted woman, a great and dedicated friend. Clarke sighed. She had missed her friends in New York. Her phone ringing made her come back to reality. She unlocked the display and answered the call, going to her bedroom.

"Raven? What's the matter?"

"Oh, I just wanted to know how you're going, Griffin." her friend explained her. "Are you going to help with the preparation today? Or are you going to act lazy and run from your responsibilities?". Clarke sat on her bed, laughing.

"I have to work today, it's Wednesday. Anyway, I didn't know Sinclair allowed you to phone your friends while working." she said.

"Allowing me to phone my friends is the only thing he can do at the moment, since I am working on the computer system for the Foundation Day. Alone. Outside. For him.". Clarke laughed again.

"I am inside my home instead." she stated.

"Well, lucky you. I am freezing. I think it's gonna snow today, Clarke. Really, if I become an ice cube, tell Anya I love her."

"I'll do it." Clarke promised, hand on her heart. She loved that playful side of Raven. She could be really cold and insecure with strangers, but when she was with her friends, the brunette used to open up a lot.

"By the way, how is Anya? It should be strange finding out you have a sister." Clarke reflected.

"Yes, it is, but Anya feels well. She often argue with Madi, that girl is the Devil incarnate, Clarke. She always yells at her mother, she cusses a lot, she listens to music out loud. She has no respect for others." Raven explained. Clarke hummed.

"Maybe she just needs some time to adjust."

"Maybe.". Clarke wanted to ask her friend something else, when she heard a sudden noise coming from the living room.