21.Here, Right Now

21.

'Cause you're here (I'm here)
Right now (right now)
Not lost (not lost) but found
And everything I've done
Has broughten me to you
(Joshua Radin-Here, Right Now)

The alarm rang and Raven snorted. She hated Mondays, definitely. She got up and walked to the bathroom, where she had a shower. Once dried her hair, she headed to the kitchen, where she found Anya having breakfast, in silence. Raven sat next to her and put some peanut butter on a slice of bread, without saying a word.

"Morning." Anya tried to approach her girlfriend, with poor success. Raven was angry, she knew that. She had lied to her, hiding what was happening.

"Rae, please, talk to me."

"Why should I? You didn't when I asked you to do it." the brunette replied, harsh. Anya shook her head.

"This isn't fair, Rae. I wanted to tell you what was going on, but Pike ordered us to keep the secret. We couldn't talk about that even with our colleagues." she explained. "Please, don't be mad at me.". Raven's gaze softened and the blonde bit her lip.

"I'm not mad, Anya. I love you, you know it. I was worried. You kept having nightmares, you looked shocked, you were avoiding me. You scared the shit out of me." the brunette said. Anya nodded.

"It's my job. It's not about chickens and stolen fruit anymore. But I promise you that I won't lie to you anymore.". Raven smiled at her girlfriend and caressed her cheek. She placed a soft kiss on her lips and Anya breathed in relief. She didn't expect the brunette to smear peanut butter on her face.

"Hey!" she protested, laughing.

"You deserved it, I won't say sorry for this."  Raven replied, running away in order to avoid Anya's revenge. The blonde started chasing her, with a spoon full of peanut butter.

"Raven Reyes, you're under arrest!" she exclaimed, while the brunette hid behind the sofa. Anya carefully entered the living room, holding the spoon like a gun.

"Rae, come on, I won't harm you." she called her, with a threatening voice. The detective was ready to fire her shot, but she hadn't considered Raven's ability to hide. The brunette suddenly jumped out and attacked her, dragging her on the floor with her. She took the spoon from Anya's hands and threw the peanut butter on her forehead.

"Gotcha." she said, gazing at her with an amused look on her face.

"Okay, you've won. Now help me stand up, I have to go."

"I don't think so." Raven replied. She kissed her girlfriend and Anya soon lost in those gently lips.

"I love you, An. And I will always be there for you, don't forget it.". The blonde nodded, with watery eyes.

"I love you too, Rae. With all my heart.".

________________

"No! Mom, no, don't go! It's all my fault, it's all my fault!". Lexa woke up, without understanding well what was going on. She checked the time. It was late, she had to wake Aden up and prepare him for school. She had decided to let Madi stay at home that day, but it would have been better for him if he would have gone to the kindergarten. Lexa got up and walked to Aden's bedroom, when she again heard someone whimpering. She froze. Madi was having a nightmare and hearing what she was saying, it should have been a really terrible dream. She ran to the girl's room and opened the door, finding the teen screaming and trembling.