47.Light Of A Clear Blue Morning

47.

I can see the light of a clear blue morning
I can see the light of brand new day
I can see the light of a clear blue morning
Everything's gonna be all right
(Dolly Parton-Light Of A Clear Blue Morning)

"Doctor Griffin, good morning."

"Doctor Griffin, good morning to you." Abby greeted her daughter, handling her some coffee.

"We should stop meeting like this." Clarke said, making her mother frown. They usually had breakfast together at the hospital cafeteria when they both had a morning shift and Abby loved that habit. She loved having her daughter around.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Well, it's been a lot since Lexa and I came to visit you and Marcus. And I'm so sorry for that." Clarke explained, taking a sip of coffee. "But with everything that happened we all needed some time for us, especially Madi.". Abby nodded, smiling at her.

"How is she?" the woman asked her daughter.

"She feels better. She started seeing Josephine Lightbourne."

"Josephine? Really?" Abby was surprised. "Yes mom. I know that you and the Lightbournes aren't on good terms, but she is a brilliant psychologist and is helping Madi so much. Since when the sessions started, I see her more serene and full of life." Clarke explained. Her mother nodded, without saying nothing. The blonde drank a sip of coffee and sighed, a soft smile pictured on her lips.

"You're so in love with them." Abby claimed.

"What? Well, I..."

"Clarke." Abby stopped her rambling, caressing her cheek. "I've never seen you happier than this, despite everything you've been through lately. After Niylah and Finn I was so scared for you. It was like you were afraid of love, so terrified to let someone in. They hurt you so much and I am so sorry for not having been able to protect you." she admitted.

"It wasn't your fault, mom." Clarke tried to reassure her mother. "Niylah fooled us all, while Finn is a damn sociopath. I can't understand why Pike loves him, he is so creepy. I don't know what was going on my mind when I accepted to have dinner with him. Thank God Raven prevented me to go to his place, I don't want to think what could have happened."

"Me neither." Abby said, trying to erase the thought of her beloved daughter with that horrible man. "The point is that I'm so happy that you found someone who treats you right and knows how much you're worth it.". Clarke bit her lip, a little embarrassed. She didn't expect her mother to consider Lexa and the kids that way.

"I love her mom. I love them. God, I can't imagine a life without them.". Abby smirked and sighed. She was so happy for her daughter.

"What about you moving in together? Have you ever talked about this?" Abby asked, surprising Clarke.

"Well, we... No, we haven't." the younger woman answered. "I think it's too soon. We've just started to go back to normal, I don't want to ruin everything. For now, I'm living day by day.". Abby nodded and checked her watch.

"Time to go to work, my dear." she announced. Clarke scratched the back of her head and followed her mother outside the cafeteria. She looked at the hospital entrance. She thought about Lexa and the kids. She smiled. Back to normal, she liked that expression. Everything would have been alright, she was sure of that.

________________

"Yeah, for sure. I see, I see. Miss Cooper, I told you that we are doing all we can to find... No, I know that it's not the first time, but... Okay, I got the point. Yeah, I'll let you know.". Octavia hung up the phone, exhausted. She snorted and waved a hand through her hair.