37.The Truth I'll Never Tell

37.

Don't want to bring you down, down, down
If I open my mouth I'm only gonna bring you
Down
(As It Is-The Truth I'll Never Tell)

"Roan, what the hell are you doing here?". Lexa was shocked. Clarke glanced at the man in front of her, suspicious. He was tall, with long dark hair and scars all over his face.

"What a way to greet an old friend of yours, Lex.". The brunette clenched her jaws. Clarke had never seen Lexa with such a gaze. Her once bright green eyes were now dark and so cold and distant.

"What do you want, Roan?" she asked him. She didn't trust him, not anymore. She couldn't.

"Just say hi to my best friend?" he said, looking then at Clarke. "Oh, by the way, I don't know you two..."

"Stay away from them, Roan!" Lexa intimated. Clarke and Raven glanced at each other, scared by that whole situation. The man shook his head. He sighed.

"What do you really want, Roan? I won't ask you again." Lexa insisted.

"Lex, I..."

"Uncle Roan!" a tiny voice squeaked. The three woman turned. Aden ran to the man and hugged him, with a huge smile on his lips. Lexa swallowed. She clenched her fists, trying to resist at the impulse of punching Roan on his face. On the other hand, Clarke and Raven were so confused.  Who was that man? What did he want from Lexa? Why was he there? And why did Aden call him uncle ? They watched the man bend down to the child and caress his tiny head. There was something in him, something terrifying and reassuring at the same time. It was a paradox, but Clarke couldn't help, but find him magnetic and, somehow, regal.

"Aden, come here." Lexa ordered, harsh. The child gazed at his mama, confused.

"Aden, I didn't ask you. Come here, now." the woman insisted.

"Don't be harsh, he's just a ch-..."

"I don't need help with my own child, Roan." Lexa retorted. "C'mon Aden, here." she ordered again, stretching his hand. The child looked at Roan, who smiled at him.

"Go to your mama." he whispered and finally Aden joined Lexa. The woman held him close to her, while Clarke and Raven were more and more confused. Lexa turned to them, in order to ask them to walk Aden to his bedroom, when someone else joined them. A tall and blonde guy was walking to Roan and he looked really strange. Lexa didn't know him. He didn't seem a Grounder, at all.

"Bud, did you find the right hou-... Oh.". Raven's jaw dropped.

"Wick?" she recognized him.

"Oh, well, hi Rae.". Clarke glanced at her best friend, while Roan turned to his partner, confused.

"This is embarrassing." Wick said and Raven couldn't help, but nod.

"Okay, I'm done. I'll call the police." Clarke told Lexa, but when she put her hand in the pocket, Roan pointed a gun to her.

"Don't do it, Blondie. I don't want to ruin your beautiful face." he threatened her.

"Roan, are you crazy? What the fuck is wrong with you?" Lexa yelled, covering Aden's eyes. The man sighed. He didn't want to hurt Lexa, but he had to behave like that. He had to save his best friend.

"Inside. Come on, do as I told you girls." he ordered. Lexa couldn't believe her own ears. She looked at Aden. If he wasn't there with her, she would have probably tried to disarm Roan, but she didn't want to risk her child's life. She turned to Clarke and Raven. The blonde glanced at her, confused and in panic, while the Latina was staring at Wick, in utter shock.