52.Her Love Is My Religion

52.

Some have their bibles
And some go to church
Well I found my heaven
Inside of her
(The Cab-Her Love Is My Religion)

TW// homophobic language

"Madi, I'm open!" Rose called her teammate. The brunette looked at her, but decided to try a three-point field goal instead. The ball bounced on the hoop and fell on the court. One of the opponent players took it. The turnover was fast and Does could do nothing.

"Searle-Woods, on the bench!" Echo ordered, angry. Madi obeyed without question, ashamed. She knew she had made a mistake.

"You should have passed that damn ball. Rose was open." Echo told her, harshly.

"I know, I'm sorry.". Echo sighed and shook her head.

"I know it's a tough time for you Madi, but I need you to focus on the game. You're vital for the team. Use basketball as an outlet. It saved my life when I was your age." she said, sitting next to her. "And now go back playing. Lawrence is a very good girl, but I need you on the court.". Madi nodded and joined her teammates.

"Sorry for before." she told Rose.

"Don't worry, it's okay." the redhead reassured her. Madi nodded and received the ball from Sally Hatcett. She passed it to Rose, who gave it to Charlotte.

"Great score, girls!" Echo cheered them. She watched at the scoreboard. They were losing 53-55 and there were only twenty seconds left to play. Madi stole the ball and ran to the rim. 55-55.

"Go Madi!" Lexa cheered her, getting up from her seat. Clarke forced her to sit down again, not wanting the girl to feel embarrassed.

"Is that your mother?"

"What?" Madi questioned, turning to one of her opponents, a tall black haired girl.

"Is she a dyke?". Madi, who was bouncing the ball, suddenly stopped. She threw the ball away and stepped forward the girl, pushing her:

"Don't you dare saying it again!" she yelled.

"Madi, ignore her!" Charlotte tried to stop her friend from doing something really stupid.

"Yes Madi, ignore me. Is this your girlfriend? Is this a team full of dykes?" the girl kept insulting them.

"Hey! Wash your mouth before talking about my friends!" Rose roared, pushing her.

"Oh, another dy-...". The black haired girl couldn't end her sentence. She found herself on the floor, her nose bleeding. Madi turned on her right. She widened her eyes, shocked. Rose was standing still, her gaze full of rage.

"Paulson, you're out!" the referee told her, pointing at the locker rooms.

"Rose..." Madi muttered, trying to follow her. Charlotte stopped her, preventing her to worsen the situation. Everyone was utterly frozen, incapable to do or say something. The referee helped the black haired girl to stand up and checked on her conditions, asking the doctor if the wound was serious or not.

"Her nose is probably broken. She needs to do x-rays." he answered.

"That damn girl." the referee commented. Madi clenched her fists, annoyed by that whole situation. Rose had no fault, she was only trying to help her.

"Hey you!" she called the referee. The man looked at her, frowning.

"Searle-Woods, come here!" Echo ordered, in vain.