38.Fool Of Myself

38.

I thought that I'd finally found something worth seeing through
Now you only remind me of someone I thought that I knew
(The Band Camino-Fool Of Myself)

Lexa was sitting on the couch, her head sank between her hands. She had never felt lonelier. Everything she had tried to build that last months and a half, had been inexorably destroyed. And the worst part was that she hadn't been able to protect Madi.

"Miss Woods, I need answers." Indra told her. "I need you to explain me what really happened.". Lexa didn't say anything. She shook her head and bit her lip.

"Lex, please. Raven told me something about a strange guy pointing a gun to you, is this true? And what about Kyle Wick? Who is he?" Anya kept asking her sister, pointing at her girlfriend. She was playing with Aden while, next to her, Gustus was questioning Wick.

"Who are you?". Lexa raised her gaze. Her green eyes met her sister's hazel irises. She faked a smile, trying not to burst in tears.

"I don't know." she muttered, and Anya couldn't really understand if she was referring to Wick or herself. Anya breathed deeply. She had always known that Lexa was running away from something, since the day the two texted for the first time. However, she had never asked her anything, sure that her sister would have told her one day. But now, she was scared. There was something in those green eyes that she wasn't able to fully understand. Something deeply terrifying.

"Lex, we need answers. We need your help in order to find Madi." Anya insisted, in vain. Suddenly, the door opened and a really overwhelmed Clarke entered the threshold. Lexa looked at her. Even in those conditions she was stunning, ethereal.

"She won't say anything, An. She isn't who... She isn't who we used to think she was.". The detective gazed at the doctor, confused.

"What does she mean, Lex?" she questioned.

"Clarke, how is he?" the brunette asked, ignoring her sister. "How is Jasper?"

"He's awake. Fortunately, the bullet didn't hit any vital spot." the blonde explained, cold. Lexa waved a hand through her face, doing nothing to mask the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Clarke..." she muttered, but the doctor stopped her.

"Don't Lexa. Or should I call you Heda, whatever that means?". Immediately, Indra's jaw dropped.

"Please..." Lexa begged Clarke to stop, but it was too late. The federal agent had already heard everything. She scoffed, incredulous.

"Heda? Are you serious, Griffin?". Clarke sensed that she had, somehow, said too much. She froze, incapable to speak.

"She... Well..." she stuttered.

"Well, this is interesting." Indra stated. It was a matter of seconds. Lexa found herself handcuffed, with her hands tied behind her back.

"Birch, what the hell are you doing? She is my sister!" Anya cried.

"She is one of the most dangerous criminals of this stupid Country, Woods."

"What?" Anya asked. She didn't understand. She looked at her sister, waiting for an answer.

"I'm sorry." Lexa said, bowing her head. Anya choked a scream. She turned to Clarke, who was staring at her girlfriend, frozen.

"Okay, if this is a joke, know that it's not funny, at all."

"This ain't a joke, Anya." Clarke muttered, devastated. Lexa turned to Indra, saying no words. Her gaze was so intense, fierce. Indra gazed at the brunette, fathoming her. She gasped. That was something into those eyes, something really familiar. Suddenly, she started tracing Lexa's features, under the curious look of Clarke, Anya and Octavia. Lexa didn't move, nor speak.