12.Trying To Find A Purpose

12.

And the light in your eyes makes me feel
Like there's something much better out there
Something kind
(Vertical Horizon-Trying To Find A Purpose)

Clarke and Octavia were having breakfast. The brunette looked at her watch, a bit concerned. She was waiting for Anya to give her a lift.

"She will be here soon" Clarke told her.

"I hope so. Otherwise, we'll be late and Pike will kill us."

"Still looking for that chicken? Maybe a wolf or a dog hunted it. Kara Cooper lives not far from the woods, after all." the doctor suggested. Octavia shook her head.

"Yes, but I dare you to explain it to her." she replied. Someone honking drew their attention. Octavia went brushing her teeth, while Clarke greeted Anya and Lexa.  The brunette's car was still broken, so her sister had to bring her to work and the kids to school. However, that day they had decided to let Madi go to Clarke's, allowing her to skip a day of school. The girl got out of the car and ran to the blonde. The woman told her to go inside, in order to avoid a cold. The weather was freezing.

"Hi Clack !" Aden greeted from the car, waving his tiny hand.

"Hi little man." Clarke replied, with a huge smile on her lips.

"Griffin, do you know where O is? I guess she spent her morning complaining about me being late, while she still had to brush her teeth." Anya claimed, getting out of the car, too. Lexa followed her a little later, wanting to wave goodbye to Madi. Octavia appeared from the bathroom, her toothbrush in her hand.

"Blake, you're incredible! Come on, it's late!" Anya started losing her patience.

"Yes, town's chickens need you." Madi joked. Anya and Octavia rolled their eyes, while the others started laughing.

"Yes, mock us, but then don't you dare to call us if your chickens disappear." the brunette detective said, while wearing her shoes.

"Why don't you replace the lost one with another? I mean, that woman is crazy, but I don't think that she would be able to recognize her chickens." Clarke suggested. Anya scoffed. Unfortunately, Kara Cooper seemed to know all her pets and farm animals one by one. She used to call her chickens babies , after all.

"Ethically talking, it would be disgusting." the older Woods justified herself. It wasn't totally a lie.

"And at least we have something to do" Octavia added, heading to the car. The two detectives got in and waited for Lexa to join them.

"Lexa, we have to go!" her sister exhorted her.

"Yes, just a moment!" she replied. "Madi, please, behave well. And do your homework." Lexa pleaded. The girl nodded and sat on the sofa, a bit fed up. Clarke giggled and walked her friend to Anya's car.

"She will be fine, don't worry. Now go." she said, trying to reassure Lexa.

"Yes, but..."

"I will call if something's wrong, don't worry. Now go!" the doctor insisted. When she finally saw Lexa getting in the car, she joined Madi inside. The teen had turned on the TV and was watching what it seemed a really bad B movie. Clarke took the remote control and turned it off.

"Hey!" Madi protested.

"You're still grounded, ma'am, don't forget it." the blonde explained. The teen snorted and looked at Clarke. The woman smiled at her and pointed the table.

"You heard Lexa. Do your homework. I will stay with you here, I have to work with my PC." she said, sitting at the table. Madi stood still for a while. She didn't want to study. She hated doing it.