Prologue

Cold rain hit his skin, mixing with the blood that kept running from the gaping wound on his stomach. It flew in red rivers to the ground. He had stopped feeling the freezing temperature and the pain long ago. This is the end. I imagined it differently. But it kind of fit.

He looked up to the cloudy sky and thought about what was worse – the fact that he was lying in an empty alley where even the moon refused to keep him company or the fact that he was betrayed by the person he would have least expected.

The sounds of the pouring rain overlapped with his slowing heartbeat. Isn't there anyone searching for me? No. No one would come looking for him. A few cars would pass on the main road that connected to the alley, but no one would dare venture to this dark alley during this god damn rain at 3 o'clock at night; not to mention help him.

I wish I could have met them. Now I will never find them. My other half.

He coughed and spit blood on the ground, while awaiting his last breath.

Suddenly he smelled a foreign scent – delicate, like a thread of silk, to lead him to the afterworld. Roses with rain at sunset. A desperate laugh escaped his rough throat. I've gone mad. But why not. Suddenly the scent got stronger, embracing him and filling his lungs.

He heard steps approaching and suddenly the rain stopped. No, it was still raining, but why isn't the rain hitting him? Did they come back to deal with him, did they run out of patience?

He opened his eyes with his last drop of strength and saw... nothing. Of course, they destroyed his eyes and unfortunately, there wasn't enough blood in his body to heal his injuries. Therefore, he was waiting for the death blow. After all he would leave with the view of roses.

"Are you awake?"

A shudder ran through his body as this voice set something free within him. Desperately he was trying to listen, but the noise in his ears overlapped with the soft voice. Suddenly a sharp pain pierced his stomach and he hissed sharply.

What a pity, I wanted to listen to you for a little bit longer. Then he lost consciousness.