Chapter 60

Aleks trained and mastered all the customs he had to learn for the ball, and somehow, he managed to sneak to sleep in between. A week flew by. Only ten days left... He thought as he got out of bed with aching muscles. Leisurely, he went out in search of his mate. He lightly quietly knocked on the door of the meeting room, which was also Belial's workspace.

"Come in."

He went inside, closing the door behind him. Belial was sitting at the table with countless documents spread around it. He was going through them with a brooding look on his face. Aleks stepped behind his mate, hugging him, and  kissing him on the neck. Belial leaned into Aleks' embrace and looked at his mate.

"Are you all right, Bel? You look stressed," his angel said.

"Hmm. These are the reports of attacks on demons. I'm trying to find a connection between them or any clues. What do they want? What is their goal? What is their next step? But it's all as confusing as if they randomly choose. As if they were waiting for something." Belial sighed.

Aleks began to massage his shoulders.

"If anyone can solve it solve it, it's you, my heart," his angel tried to cheer him up. If only everything were so simple.

Aleks looked at the frowns on the wrinkles on Belial's forehead. Maybe it would help him if he were to distract himself if he thought about other things. He lovingly let his hands wander over to Belial's neck head and pulled him into a kiss. Before he knew it, his demon had pulled him onto his lap. His tongue penetrated deep into his mouth and stroked him.

An intense kiss left him breathless and he felt himself getting hot. Belial took his upper lip into his mouth and tenderly bit it. A shiver ran throughout Aleks' body. Bel, you have to pull yourself together. We can't...

Why not? Who will stop me? Aleks tried to escape from his lap, but his demon had other plans. He pushed all the documents aside and placed his angel on the desk. He looked at his feast from above, which he would be enjoying now.

"Bel, wait."

But his every protest was cut off with a sensual kiss. He took off Aleks' top. His nipples were already hard in excitement, protruded out. Belial stood in between Aleks' legs and bent over him. He also took off his top to give his beloved the view of his upper body. Tenderly, he took one of Aleks' nipples in his mouth and sucked on it.

Aleks groaned but didn't even think of stopping him. He felt Belial's hardness rub over his crotch.

Just as he was about to mess with his pants, the door tore open and Nero, Juri, and Alas stormed in. Aleks screamed in shock and Belial hissed. He grabbed his top and covered Aleks with it.

The warriors looked hesitantly at each other.

"I'm sorry Kuro, but this can't wait," Nero said in a serious voice.

With a bright red face, Aleks put Belial's large top on and hid behind his demon. Oh my god. We were just caught red-handed.

"Speak up and give me a good explanation as to why you entered the room despite the warning."

Belial's door had a sign of no entry. The warriors had come in despite that. There must have been a good reason.

"Astaroth's territory is under attack. Right now, an army of demons is stationed around the southern area and are planning to attack the trading city of Esmie. Lucan is already in position and has requested support."

Esmie was the heart of Astaroth's empire. If the city was attacked, it was a clear declaration of war.

"How far are they?" he asked his friend.