Chapter 33

"Tsuka stop," a soft voice commanded and Aleks stopped fighting back.

Exhausted, he sank to his knees and the barrier dissolved. Belial took his mate in his arms to calm and soothe him.

Aleks slowly came back to himself as the anger faded and he could think clearly again. It was then he noticed that Lyrics was holding his belly and limping. A gaping wound stretched over his right thigh. "Shit, what did I do?" He stumbled towards Belial's friend.

"Lie down and don't move," he ordered. "I will take care of your wounds."

"Not necessary," he replied and coughed. The blood at the corner of his mouth contradicted his statement.

"Don't be stubborn. Lie down," Aleks said, tugging him downwards.

Lyric groaned and gave up, sinking to the ground.

The wound on his thigh is the worst, I have to take care of that first. Aleks put his hand on the wound and it lit up. The tissue of the torn muscle and skin began to slowly regenerate, and the wound closed.

Belial and Ariana watched the whole scene in silence.

Aleks examined Lyric's upper body, observing Lyric's stertorous breaths. Shit, a rib must have bored into his lungs. He had never healed broken bones before. That's it! He needed to see the injury. But for that, he would have to open Lyrics torso. "Ariana, can you stun Lyric? Just as you did with Belial's arm?"

Surprised, Ariana replied, "Yes, I can, but why?"

Aleks had no time for detailed explanations. "Stun his chest."

Ariana followed Aleks' instruction and stunned Lyric. Then Aleks took one of Lyric's Karambit knives and wiped it clean as best as he could.

"What are you going to do?" Lyric asked leerily.

"Trust me." Hopefully, demons are immune to tetanus. Aleks put it on the tip of Lyric's solar plexus and made a cut to the lower ribs. He opened his chest with his hands and found the broken rib. He reached for it and carefully pulled it out of his lungs.

Am I being dissected alive here? Lyric was stunned to see Aleks butchering his body. The pressure on his lungs lessened and a bright glow eased the pain, allowing him to breathe clearly again.

After Aleks had healed Lyric's lungs, he put the broken rib in its original place and let the fracture heal. Methodically, he proceeded with the other ribs before he closed Lyrics' chest and healed the tissue.

All the while, Ariana and Belial had watched, intrigued and without saying a word, as he had methodically healed Lyric's wounds.

Once he was finished, Aleks fell on his back in exhaustion, unable to move a muscle. The operation had used a lot of his energy and was now taking its toll.

Lyric tentatively touched his chest. Everything was healed, even his thigh. The boy had indeed healed him completely. He tried to sit down, but the blood loss prevented it.

"You stay lying like a good boy, Lyly. Until you fully recover, you don't move a muscle."

That fucking nickname, I hate it. Only one was allowed to address him with a nickname.

Aleks was brought into the house by Belial and Lyric by Ariana. They would speak later when the two were back on their feet.

Back in their room, Belial placed Aleks on a towel on the floor of the bathroom. He removed his clothes and washed the blood and dirt from his body so that he could check his mate's injuries.

As the cloth rubbed over his skin, Aleks felt the shallow cuts on his skin burning. The deeper wound on his hip throbbed and burned, causing him to cover his face to hide the pain. Then he felt Belial's tongue on his skin.

Using his tongue his demon stroked over the cuts and closed them. Now only the wound on Aleks' hip was left. It wasn't dangerous but painful. He washed it out, smeared on an ointment, brought by one of Ariana's servants, and bandaged the wound. The ointment numbed the pain and supported the healing. Belial lifted his mate, being careful not to reopen his wound, and carried him to the bed. The demon gently placed him on it, and after a short shower and self-aid, he lay down next to him.

Aleks breathed a serene breath when he felt the warmth of his mate and his body suddenly began to tremble.

"Is everything all right, Tsuka?" he asked his heart.

"I-I was so a-afraid, a-afraid that he w-would take you a-away from m-me. T-That he would cut o-our b-bond," Aleks said in a trembling voice. Belial's heart painfully tightened.

"Tsuka, that's not possible."

"B-But t-the k-k-knife, it was w-was in m-my c-chest. I h-have felt i-it."

Soothingly, Belial brushed over Aleks' hair. "Tsuka, our bond is not an ordinary bond that can be dissolved. It is a union of souls. This can be broken by nothing and no one on earth, hell, or heaven."

Aleks began to believe him, and relief flew through him, as his shaking body slowly stilled. He turned his head and looked his demon in the eye.

Belial shook his head. "Don't worry, there were never romantic feelings between us. The bond we share is that of a family. And before you ask, he sees it that way. He just acted this way to trigger you."

And it had worked so well that he had almost killed Belial's best friend. The guilt gnawed at him, but he had to live with it.

"Rest," his demon said, giving him a kiss on his forehead.

"Your acting was really impressive," Ariana said to Lyric as she crushed herbs in a cup. "It really seemed real... too real." Ariana put the herbs in another cup and added some petals. Then she went to Lyric, who was lying on a bed in a guest room, and handed him the cup with a serious face.

Lyric took the cup and drank the contents in one go. Bah, tastes disgusting. He didn't respond to Ariana's comment.

"How long do you want to hide it from him?" Ariana asked

Lyric sighed. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know that very well. The hatred in your eyes was not an act," she insisted.

Lyric was silent. No, he will never find out. "Belial has finally found his heart and the boy is exactly what he needs. He gives him what he needs." That's what I never could.

"Can you really say you support them 100 percent?" Ariana asked him.

Surprisingly, yes. "Yes." It was time to let go and now was the perfect opportunity to do so. "I will protect him, him and his heart," he said, without a doubt.

"Good. That's all I wanted to know."

_____________________

What do you think? Would you have reacted like Aleks?

In retrospect, was Lyric's tactics the right one, even if the result was right?

I look forward to your comments ;D

Your Mouse Goddess