Chapter 11

That night, they both had a dream.

The moon shone brightly, and a light breeze swept against my nose. The rustling of the leaves and the clattering of a bird, which scraped over a tree with its beak, awakened me. I slowly opened my eyes, blinking several times. I rose cautiously. No pain. I breathed in a serene breath.

With quiet steps, I walked towards the lake which was shaped like a pot. Silver glistened on the surface of the water under the bright glow of the moon. Arriving at the edge, I looked at my reflection in the water.

The wind created small waves on the lake so that my reflection blurred. Suddenly, the wind started rushing and it developed into a storm within seconds. The branches wobbled back and forth wildly and uncontrollably, forcing me to get down on my knees to protect myself. The water formed a vortex that magically attracted me. I tentatively touched the surface of the water. It reached for my hand and pulled me forward. I fell over and was swallowed up by the vortex.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was no longer at the lake. I looked around anxiously. I was surrounded by cold stone walls. I was alone and scared. When I looked down at myself, I saw small feet and hands.

Was I a child? Where and above all, who am I?

I heard voices outside the door.

"Rosa, it's time. We can't put it off any longer."

"I know you're right. It's time. Even if it hurts."

Fear gripped me. I didn't understand what was going on. I hugged myself. Then the old wooden door opened and light poured in.

"It's time. You have to come with us."

Two hands grabbed me. I resisted, but I had no chance against the adult woman whose face I couldn't recognize. She pulled me with her. Blinded by the bright light, I squeezed my eyes shut and was blindly dragged. Then we stopped and the person moved away.

When I carefully opened my eyes, I realized that I was sitting on the stone floor in a large hall. I was in the middle of a large circle, which contained a five-point star that was filled with many mystical symbols. I wanted to get up but there was a stinging pain going through my foot. Frightened, I looked around and saw six figures in black robes around me. I couldn't see their faces which scared me even more.

"Where is Mary?" I asked, trembling. Where was Mary, the nun who had raised me?

"Silence, Монстр."

The cold voice of the person in the middle of the group made me shudder. I started sobbing quietly. As soon as the first tear had fallen, the dam broke, and others followed. My little body began to tremble uncontrollably - helpless, desperate. Why am I here and where are the other children? I want to go home. Then there was movement.

Five of the six figures each stood at one of the points of the star inside of the circle. Their eerie voices began a frightening chant that sent shivers down my spine. I didn't understand a word and was terrified. In a panic, I tried to get up and escape them despite the pain, but I hit an invisible wall. I was being held captive in the middle of the circle.

Desperately, I hit the invisible walls with my little fists and screamed. Undeterred, the figures continued their singing. Piece by piece, the symbols began to light up in a circle. The light moved menacingly towards me. Shaking with fear, I drew up my knees, closed my eyes, and pressed my hands on my ears. Soon the light would reach me. I'm scared. Please, help me. Anyone?

Suddenly, Belial was jolted out of his sleep. What the hell was that? As he slowly came to his senses, he realized that it had been a dream. Too real, it was just too real. After he went through the events again, the realization grew. The second part - that had not been a fantasy. It was a memory. But whose? It certainly hadn't been his own.

His thoughts were interrupted by a slight groan. Right, he was lying in bed. He and Aleksander had... "Bel... firmer...". Oh yes, he felt alive, and not only that, the burning pain that was martyring his eyes had disappeared. He hesitantly touched the eye bandage. Using his fingernail, he scraped at the bandage and carefully took it off. Now came the moment of truth. He slowly opened his eyes.

The bright light dazzled him, causing him to blink several times. He sat there for a while giving his eyes some time to adjust to the brightness. Gradually, the blurred outlines began to take shape. He realized that the closet opposite the bed had a mixture of black and walnut with natural patterns completed with black handles on the cupboard doors and drawers. Otherwise, the room was kept in a neutral white.

Slowly, he shifted his view to the end of the bed, seeing black bedposts which looked like balls stacked on top of each other. His gaze remained at the foot of the bed, staring at the incredibly ugly duvet; a checkered pattern in green and beige with red stripes. The person who had chosen this duvet should undergo taste therapy.

A slight movement next to him attracted his attention. Peeking out from the light blonde hair, the color of the sun, was a dainty ear. His hair fell silky onto a cream-colored neck, interrupted only by two bright red dots on the right side of his neck. He had a defined back and arms. Not overly muscular but defined. Not too much, just right.
Following his arm, he ended up in a hand, with short fingernails that, curled around the grisly duvet. His hands are smaller than mine. He carefully leaned forward to catch a glimpse of his face. Astonished, he paused. Beautiful. He could say more.

He had touched Aleks' face and had an approximate idea of what he looked like, but nothing had prepared him for this. Juicy red lips into which he would have preferred to have bitten. A fine, beautifully curved nose and round, soft cheeks. And the lashes - long, filigree lashes that cast light shadows. His short hair fell slightly over his forehead and ended just above his blonde eyebrows. He was leaning over Aleks in order to see him better.

Then Aleks opened his eyes without warning.

Awakened by a movement, Aleks woke up from a very restful sleep. Surrounded by warmth, he opened his eyes and looked up into bright green ones. "Beautiful."

Had Aleks just said that? No, he definitely didn't.

Belial looked at the light blue eyes gazing at him as if he was under a spell. They were beautiful. Two bright sapphires.

"Everything alright?" the rosy lips asked. But Belial couldn't answer.

He broke free from the solidification when a soft hand laid on his cheek. "You are beautiful, Aleksander." Apparently, he had found his voice again.

Surprise spread across his human's face, then he began to smile as brightly as the sun. "I can only return the compliment," Aleks said, grinning.

Had Belial's heart just skipped a beat? He could look at him forever. He tenderly touched Aleks' face with his fingertips and followed the soft lines of his face, exploring it as he did when he was blind.

Aleks closed his eyes briefly and enjoyed the touch. When he opened his eyes again, he saw Belial staring at his mouth. His heart began to flutter excitedly, and he bit his lip slightly.

Does he want to...

_____________________________

For the first time he sees his savior with his own eyes. What do you think will happen next?

Is this the beginning of the great love story?

Read on and you'll find out.

Your Mouse Goddess