Chapter 68

"Well, has Belphegor found a new passion?" a mischievous voice said from behind them. Lucifer.

The fallen angel came close to Belial and whispered in his ear, "If I were you, I would get the bunny out of here as soon as possible, otherwise he might be eaten up by a snake." and walked away laughing.

Bel, that was creepy. He felt his mate getting increasingly uncomfortable. Lucifer likes to spread rumors and enjoys seeing others suffer. Just ignore him, Tsuka. He would never put a hand on you, as it would be like a declaration of war against Astaroth. But that didn't seem to pacify Aleks. He looked around until he finally saw a familiar face. A friendly face appeared from the crowd.

"Lucan. Thank God. Finally, someone I know who doesn't want to eat me," Aleks said with a joyful expression.

"Hi kid, you're doing really well. Mammon and Asmodai are enthusiastic after meeting you and Astaroth only speaks positively about you," the demon said, patting him on the back. That seemed to calm Aleks down. Belial was happy about the distraction, even if their relationship was at a bit of standstill.

Lucan looked at Belial and signaled that everything was fine between them.

"Sereph doesn't seem to be there yet, otherwise everyone is present. It's been a long time since we all gathered. Everyone seemed curious about your mate. There were rumors that some literally fought with each other for an invitation," he told the two.

As if on command, the music fell silent. Behemoth took the floor.

"Welcome, my guests. Today we are here to celebrate a joyful event."

Aleks looked confused. Why was he hearing Behemoth's voice in his head?

"Belial the Shadow has found his mate and is now officially introducing him to our society. Currently, an unknown enemy is approaching us, but the Shadow successfully thwarted an attack along with Lucan recently. Let's celebrate the win together and forget about the negative." Then everyone raised their glasses and cheered loudly.

Aleks winced. Heaven, holy god, Belial! Couldn't you have at least warned me? he asked his demon. Lucan laughed.

"Then let the dance begin," he heard Behemoth's voice in his head. Belial looked at him apologetically.

Then his demon bowed to him and asked, "Tsuka, would you give me the honor of a dance?" Dance? No, no, no, no, no. Bel, don't do this to me.

Of course, Aleks had received dance lessons and hadn't done badly, but he was far from ready to dance in front of the whole society. What if he made a mistake and stumbled? He would embarrass Belial and he didn't want that. But he just smiled and let himself be dragged to the dance floor.

Just enjoy it, Tsuka.

He didn't stand a chance. So, he went – albeit reluctantly – with his mate to the dance floor. Focus on what you have learned Aleks, he encouraged himself. Belial raised his right hand, Aleks did the same, so that their joined hands were at Belial's chest height. The music set in.

The dance of demons was something special. It was nothing comparable to the human world. People danced in a fixed posture – the frame – or close to each other. This dance was all about contact. The only focus was on the fact that their joined hands shouldn't separate.

They moved to the rhythm of the music. Belial led him. Aleks followed Belial's hand in a twist so that he leaned his back against the demon's chest and their hands touched each other as if in a hug in front of Aleks' face. With an elegant movement, Aleks turned around and took a weighing step back and forth. All the time he looked at the face of his beloved one and blocked out his surroundings.