Chapter 63

Belial and his men arrived when the war had just begun. They had placed themselves strategically in important positions and fought from there. However, unexpectedly, hundreds of enemies had suddenly stormed out of additional portals and had ambushed them. He had fought off hundreds with his flashes, but now his energy source was gradually running out.

He had fought against the enemy's commander and had been able to seriously injure him. However, he hadn't emerged from this fight unscathed. Aleks' blood had given him a lot of strength, without which it would have ended much earlier.

He flew over the battlefield to get a better overview. Surprisingly, Lucan's army had gained an upper hand and was pushing back against the opponents. He swore that he saw some of the warriors, which were injured heavily before. Perhaps his mind was playing a trick on him.

A loud bang suddenly drew his attention to where an enemy Sylph had created a pressure wave that had torn open the ground.

Then he heard a hiss right next to his ear. A spear had just narrowly missed him. He narrowly dodged the others that followed. Before he could locate the attacker, he saw another one approaching him. He wouldn't be able to avoid this.

Aleks heard the bang and was abruptly knocked over by a blast wave. With a roar in his ear, he pushed himself up and searched for his mate. He had just narrowly dodged an approaching spear. No, it has started!

"Cone! You have to throw me up to Belial!" he shouted to the warrior.

"Are you insane?" he shouted back.

"If you don't throw me, Belial will die!" the angel shouted desperately. He ran towards Cone.

"Now! Catapult me."

Cone reacted instinctively. Aleks jumped on his crossed forearms, and he was pushed upwards. Shit. If he dies, Belial will kill me. With blades pulled out, Aleks flew upwards.

The spear that was shot towards Belial was stopped by two blades. Instead of the spear, there was a black-clad warrior with a white mask in front of him. The smell of roses and rain after sunrise surrounded him. No! In an arc, he flew down and caught the falling warrior. He immediately felt that it was his mate.

Aleks, what the hell are you doing here?

The fox's face turned to him. I was sent by Nix. He foresaw your death. I had to prevent it. That was the short version.

Belial was furious. Fear, anger, horror rushed through him as he feverishly searched for a solution. First, I have to fly out of the danger zone.

His mate didn't seem to notice the approaching spears. Aleks let his magic flow outwards so that a magical sphere formed around him and Belial. The spears bounced off the barrier. As they splintered, Aleks created them again. Slowly exhaustion spread through him.

Belial knew that Aleks' protection wouldn't last much longer. He hurriedly flew as fast as he could. Then another pressure wave hit him. He had to land. Carefully he sat them down in a free area.

"Aleks, they want to kill us."

"I know," replied his mate. Bel, drink my blood and replenish your energy reserves.

Don't talk nonsense, Tsuka. We have to get out of here.

No, Bel, you can clear the way in one fell swoop. Please Take what I am offering to you voluntarily.