Chapter 76 (with smut-scene)

Like a drunken bumblebee, he fluttered and dodged the arrow. His flying skills still left much to be desired, no matter how hard he tried. Another arrow flew upwards. Aleks dodged. But his wings got tangled and he fell like a wet sack.

Nero caught him and dropped him off.

"I'm sorry, Nero," Aleks gasped out of breath. He put his hands on his knees.

"You're kind of distracted today," Nero said. And he was right. The whole day it had tingled in his body. He felt uncomfortable, restless. Yesterday, Belial had attributed these symptoms to today's event, but that didn't make it any better.

"I need a break."

Dusk had already set in, although it was only three o'clock in the afternoon. Nero sighed.

"Maybe we'll leave it at that today. The stars have begun to align. In a few minutes, the magic will reach its peak," Nero said, patting Aleks on the back.

Aleks sat down on the floor. The tingling became stronger. He would have loved to scratch, but he wasn't a toddler who scratched at the slightest itch. Where is Belial? I need him. He suddenly felt like his skin was too tight. Bel.

Juri came to the training ground and spotted the two of them. "But you were really tough on Aleks. He looks frazzled," he said to Nero with a laugh.

Nero made a thoughtful face. He didn't have that, that was the problem. The turn of magic affected demons only to a small extent, but on angels it seemed to have a very different effect.

Aleks wrapped his arms around himself. His heart began to race, and he breathed heavily. I need him. Where are you? His pupils dilated and his body heated up. He felt the magic rising beneath his skin. His skin got small cracks and light came out of them.

Juri froze when he looked at Aleks.

"Holy shit, Aleks, are you alright?" he asked and ran to the angel.

"Don't!" he shouted.

"Don't touch," he added a little quieter. His breathing increased violently. He fell to the side and gasped. A sweet smell enveloped them. Juri looked at Nero alarmingly. He nodded and ran to look for Belial.

"Belial," Nero shouted, interrupting a discussion Belial was having with Samuel.

"You have to go to the training ground immediately. Aleks-", he didn't get any further since Belial stormed past him.

What about Aleks? Aleks, are you alright? he asked his mate.

Need... you... come... came a choppy response.

Belial ran as fast as he could, reaching the training ground via the terrace. But he hadn't been prepared for what awaited him there. The air was soaked in Aleks' smell of roses and rain at sunrise. Only this was deeper, more tempting.

Belial's nostrils flared. His mate was lying on the ground, and he couldn't move. If he moved even one muscle, he would attack Aleks. His beloved was in a state of heat.

"Bel...", his angel whispered and looked at him with glowing eyes. Then he lost it. He went to his mate, took him in his arms and carried him to their bedroom.

No one dared to stand in his way. They fled. Belial's skin was covered with glowing tribal marks, his claws were extended, and his eyes were black. In his arms laid his panting, trembling angel. Belial carefully placed him on the bed and sealed the door. No one could get in or out.