Chapter 70

Aleks was curled up in a bundle and was shaking uncontrollably.

"Laying hands on him is a declaration of war on Astaroth. You know that," a deep, cold voice said.

"I just played with him a bit. Why are you being such a spoilsport?" Belphegor said with a bored face. The other demon remained silent and stared at him with a deadpan look.

Belphegor knew that he had to stop. It made him angry that someone had taken away his toy. I'll get you back for that.

"See you next time, Aleksander. Until our next meeting," Belphegor said goodbye in a sweet voice.

Aleks just lay there silently. On his way, he lifted the spell on the two guards, who had had to watch the whole thing silently. They sank into themselves.

The stranger approached Aleks. So, this is Belial's mate. He truly is beautiful and strong-willed. Hardly anyone would have managed to launch a counterattack in that situation. But he had tried to free himself from Belphegor's grip with the help of a hairpin. He was special, there was something about him that drew him in. What are you hiding? He would find out right away. Only one touch was necessary.

The moment he put his hand on his arm, he screamed and was thrown backwards by a pressure wave. He landed on all fours and straightened up. He looked up to see two shining ice-blue eyes. The skin of Belial's mate began to glow. What?

"Aleks, stop!"

As quickly as the glow had come, it disappeared again. Belial landed next to his beloved and took him protectively in his arms.

"Sereph, what the hell did you do to my mate?" he shouted angrily. Belial's tribal marks began to glow, and his eyes began to turn black.

Nero, who had calmed down, ran to his leader.

"Belial, no. It wasn't Sereph. You have to calm down."

But Belial couldn't even think about calming down. He had heard Aleks' cry of pain and ran here only to find his heart motionless on the ground. Not only that. Something had activated his defensive instincts. Bel, he wasn't the one. Calm down. Then he felt Aleks' tender touch on his arm.

Sereph saw how Aleks' touch immediately calmed the angry demon. He had never seen something like this. This is probably the legendary bond of souls. The strongest connection that two beings could share. Aleks slowly began to move and tried to get up.

The feeling gradually returned to Aleks' limbs. He straightened up awkwardly and tried to find his voice again. Then he approached Sereph and bowed.

"Prince Sereph, thank you for the rescue. Without your intervention, something far worse would have happened," Aleks croaked. Sereph said nothing. He gave Belial a sharp look, nodded, turned around, and left.

Nero explained the events to Belial. Anger was still burning bright within Belial, but he had to pull himself together for Aleks' sake. Belphegor. I will kill you. He lovingly embraced his angel.

"I'm sorry. I should have protected you," he said in remorse.

"All right. Nothing bad happened. But I want to go home now, is that possible?" his mate asked in an exhausted voice.

"Of course. We can say goodbye and then leave." Even though they had just been at the party for an hour and a half, Aleks felt completely drained. He just wanted to go home and get away from everything.

Sereph was standing by the edge of the crowd and lost in his own thoughts. When he reached the festivities, the first thing he noticed was Belial and his mate, who were engaged in a dance duel with Mammon and Asmodai. He had been spellbound by his face from the very first moment. Pure joie de vivre and love were reflected in it. Innocence, purity. All this had been portrayed by Belial's mate.

He hadn't been able to recognize Belial himself. He was smiling. The ice-cold wall he had built around himself had simply been torn down by this boy. The boy had to be something extraordinary to do something like that. Sereph wanted to find out more and had followed him. But Belphegor had beaten him to the punch. He wanted to know how the boy would react to him.

Aleks had surprised him. The boy had confronted Belphegor upright and had even resisted. I want to learn more about him. This thought had appeared in his head. But he mustn't be broken. So, he intervened before Belphegor broke the boy.

Then he finally had the chance. He touched him to learn about it. But then... yes. What then? What had happened? He didn't know, but the boy had fended him off. Sereph paused. I didn't see anything. This realization made him pause. No, he hadn't seen anything. But that wasn't possible. No one could show resistance to his gift. What is he?

He looked at the terrace and saw the two enter. The boy tried his best to hide his weakness. Should I try again? No, Belial wouldn't allow that. He will have to wait.

It's almost time.

"I have to leave now," he said, getting ready. "The guests are waiting for me. I can't wait to finally meet you in person, my little angel." With a smile, Nix set off.

Belial and Aleks entered the ballroom after Aleks recovered.

"We will only say goodbye to Mammon, Asmodai, and Behemoth for a moment," Belial said. They searched the crowd for the two princesses and found them in a corner engaged in a lively conversation. They headed towards them.

The music stopped. The conversations fell through. Aleks looked around confused. Bel, what is happening? But he remained silent and stared spellbound towards the entrance.

Aleks looked in the same direction and spotted a new guest. He was slightly smaller than Aleks, had alabaster skin and black hair that hung just above his chin, with the front strands shimmering greenish. He had ruby red eyes and shadows stretched over his skin that seemed to move.

Gracefully, he walked towards them and stopped in front of Aleks.

"Finally, I meet you, Aleksander," he said in a soft voice. That voice. I have heard this voice before.

"Nix, what are you doing here?" Belial asked, positioning Aleks behind him. Nix laughed brightly.

"Still the old grumbler, but I have sent your mate to you and saved your life countless times," he said, laughing softly.

"We are on our way home. Aleks, we-"

"Silence," Nix said, and Belial immediately fell silent. "Aleksander. I look forward to getting to know you more personally and would love to talk to you. But unfortunately, I'm afraid time is up," he added in a soft voice.

"Be strong. Choose your allies wisely and never forget who you are." What does that mean? What does Nix want to tell me?

Then the demon sighed. Everyone looked spellbound at the oracle.

He smiled and said, "It's time." Suddenly, Nix' eyes began to glow white. The shadows on his arms came loose and swirled around him.

"Clack, clack, sounds the hand of the time that was frozen. Time awakens and empathy is born. A miracle that opens everyone's heads. Not long and they awaken the knowledge, but it sleeps. There should be three keys. One opens up time, one closes empathy, the other liberates knowledge. United, the end begins. Time will decide. "

Every demon in hell and on earth were quiet that moment, listening to his words. Nix had prophesied the end of the world and it's just the beginning.

___________________________

Silence reigned for that moment when the oracle spoke the prophecy. The end begins now...

Your Mouse Goddess