Chapter 40

Lyric hadn't found Aleks yet, but Belial felt Aleks was close. His bond with him vibrated. He is in danger. Belial searched the fortress for clues. Then he heard a distinctive scream.

In the north of the fortress, he saw a white eagle crashing. On his back, he could see a golden blonde shimmer. Then he suddenly felt a warmth in his head. Bel... find me.

Realization dawned on him ,and he rushed in the direction in which the eagle had crashed. Please let him survive this.

"Aleksander!" he shouted.

Aleks opened his eyes and saw his enemy entering the barren green space.

"So you've been hiding here, lad. I'm impressed that you've made it this far," said a spiteful voice.

He looked Rukia in the eye. He seemed enraged that Aleks didn't give off any fear. He walked up to Aleks and stopped in front of him.

"Where is the prisoner who was with you?" He asked in a cold voice.

"Who knows," Aleks said with a smile.

A few millimeters from his neck, Rukia's bronze sword sank into the tree trunk. "I don't feel like playing games, where is he?"

Aleks shrugged.

"Did he leave you here?" he asked Aleks mischievously.

"You helped him, and he just stabs you in the back."

Aleks looked him straight in the eye. "Wouldn't be the first time I've been betrayed," Aleks said.

This answer only seemed to irritate Rukia even more.

"You know, your little heart Belial gave me a little souvenir at our meeting. Do you know which one?"

Aleks didn't have a good feeling. Tense, he clenched his fists. He had to wait for the right moment. He would put everything into one blow.

"You know what, Aleksander, I'll show you," he said with a vicious smile on his face.

Hearing his name from his mouth created a sense of disgust in Aleks. What is he up to? He knew that Rukia wouldn't kill him, otherwise, he wouldn't have put in the effort to kidnap him in the first place.

With a flowing movement, the sword cut Aleks' hip and he screamed in pain.

"Greetings from your loved one," said the red-haired devil as he slowly pulled the blade back.

Well, he wouldn't kill him, but torture him, he was sure of that. Aleks pressed his hand on the wound, breathing heavily. Furious, he glared at the red devil.

"What's going on? Don't you like your loved one's message?" Rukia mocked him.

"I would love to give you back these greetings," Aleks forced out through gritted teeth.

This seemed to please the demon and a big grin covered his face. "You know what, lad, I like you. Your courage and your stubbornness. But what turns me on the most is your face writhing in pain. Let's play a game."

"I pass."

"Oh, come on, I'm just in such a good mood," he murmured and licked Aleks' blood from the blade. A surprised expression covered his face.

Rukia had never tasted anything so delicious. His blood tastes of roses and power. What is he? His mouth shaped into a vicious grin. Time to find out. As well as whether his screams sound as sweet as I imagine.