Chapter 73

No, he doesn't want to leave yet. He flickered his eyes open. Water was dripping from the wall. He got up cautiously. A sigh sounded. Aleks turned around, expecting his other self, instead of finding himself looking into the face of a young woman with long, golden blonde hair falling in waves over her back.

"Yalo, what am I going to do with you?" she said, sighing again.

"Who are you?" he asked. She pouted and said, "You don't recognize your Na?" My Na?

"Your mother," a voice said from the right. Aleks turned around and saw Belial next to him, they were both uninjured. Then he noticed the similarities.

"Mom?" Aleks asked in a trembling voice.

"Yes, my Esai, I am your Na," she said with a smile.

Tears ran down Aleks' cheeks, and all the dams broke loose. He jumped forward and hugged his mother. At last. I got to meet her finally! But how was he able to touch her? Then it dawned on him.

"Na, are we dead?" he asked his mother. She looked at him sadly.

"Not yet, my Esai. We still have some time. Would you like to accompany me for a bit?" she asked. Belial nodded and held Aleks' hand. Together they followed behind Aleks' mother.

The scene changed. The area slowly took a shape. They were in a café. In front of them, a younger version of his mother was serving drinks in waitress clothes. They sat down on a free table.

"Aleksander, I'm going to tell you a story. Listen to me well." Aleks nodded.

"When I was young, I studied art at the College of San Francisco. I earned money by working part-time jobs. My parents could barely pay my tuition, so I had to keep myself afloat. It was a normal working day when I met him."

The cafe's door opened. A man with short white hair entered. He sat down at a free table and watched Aleks' mother.

When she went to him to take his order, he said, "I would like to talk to you alone. Could you meet me in front of the store afterwards?"

She smiled kindly, "I'm sorry, but I don't meet with customers outside work. What do you want to drink?" The man looked astonished, then ordered a coffee and continued observing her.

The scene blurred.

The young woman left the café late at night through the back door and was making her way home. As she turned around the corner, she saw the same man leaning against the wall. Had he really waited for four hours for her?

"What do you want?" she asked the stranger. He pulled away from the wall he was leaning against.

"I'm here to give you a gift."

Aleks' mother turned away and said, "Thank you, but I don't need it."

The man grabbed her arm and said, "Are you immune?" She pulled herself loose and stared at him.

"What do you even mean by that, kindly leave me alone," she said and left. He shook himself out of the torpor and followed her.

"Sayenne, please wait." She stopped and turned around.

"How do you know my name? Are you stalking me? I will call the police if you don't leave right now. "

His expression became perplexed.