Chapter 17

When Aleks opened his eyes the next morning, he was surprised to find that he had woken up before Belial. This was the first time, at least as far as he could remember. He looked at his mate's hard facial features and began to follow the contours of his face with his finger.

"The first thing you do after our unification is to irritate me," he murmured, opening his eyes.

"Good morning, darling," his grinning human greeted him.

"Darling?" he asked with a wrinkled forehead.

"Not good? What else can I call you?"

Belial seemed to be thinking about it.

"What does Tsuka mean?" his mate interrupted his thought process.

"Tsuka is a word that originates from an ancient demon language that few speak. It means something similar to irreplaceable treasure. But this is far too weak. It is a term that is only used for your soulmate."

The smile on Aleks' face deepened. I love him so much. "Should I call you that?"

"You can call me anything you like. Whatever makes you happy, Tsuka."

"I'm still considering it." Aleks cuddled on Belial's chest while Belial enjoyed the warmth and closeness of his lover as played with his hair. "Hmmm, that tickles."

They laid in each other's embrace for a while until Aleks' bladder slowly started drawing attention to itself. Although demons did not have this need, unfortunately, this need still applied to humans. He peeled himself from Belial's embrace and crawled out of bed. As soon as his feet touched the ground, his legs buckled under him, and he flipped forward. His spectacular stunt was accompanied by a "Waah!"

Appalled, Belial jumped out of bed and ran to his mate. "Are you alright?" he asked anxiously.

Aleks waved him off. "I'm good." He gratefully accepted the hand that Belial had stretched out to him. Okay, let's go.

Despite him being a little shaky, he hurried off to the bathroom. Heaven, he had only just realized where and why everything hurt. It felt more like he had been run over by a truck and not... how did you say that... had the living daylights fucked out of him. He had to grin because he had finally lost his virginity. Not only that, but he had also simultaneously found his other half. Butterflies fluttered in his stomach and his face became hot when he thought about last night. Crazy.

As he stepped into the shower, the warm water was welcomed by his sore muscles. He heard the door click just before Belial joined him in the shower. What a hot body and it entirely belongs to me. He wouldn't have been surprised if he had started to drool.

Belial stroked Aleks' back with his fingers and massaged his muscles. His human couldn't suppress a moan since Belial was massaging him in exactly the right places.

"I'll keep you for life," he joked.

"You will have no choice, as we are bound until the end."

Until the end... For many, it sounded like finality, which it basically was, but for Aleks, it was only the beginning.

After some hot kisses, they both got out of the shower and dried themselves off with a towel. Aleks inadvertently saw his reflection in the mirror and paused abruptly, staring at his chest before he carefully touched it.

On his chest was a large black tattoo in the shape of a dragon. Its muzzle was opened widely to a roar at the height of his left collarbone. Its slender body extended over his chest and ended in a prickly tail that stretched across his right hip and back to his belly button. Two wings sprouted from its back, covering his right peck. It looked... wild. Fascinated, he ran his hand over the lines. It almost looked like the dragon was alive. "Awesome!"