Chapter 35 (with smut-scene)

The next few days Aleks underwent difficult training. Again and again, he activated his ability and tried to connect it with a thought. Sometimes he was so frustrated that he would have preferred to give up, but if the five years of medical school had taught him anything, it was perseverance. He would persist, even if it was frustrating.

Gradually, the progress became apparent. Not only had he been able to successfully call upon his ability nine out of ten times through a thought, but he had learned how to use his fists as weapons. Belial and Lyric had also trained him in close combat.

Aleks learned incredibly quickly. Due to the fact that he had intensively played baseball at school for years and continued to keep himself fit, he had pronounced arm and leg muscles. Not the type that were found on bodybuilders, but endurance muscles. This was exactly what was needed in combat to be able to act quickly and effectively.

He had already proven that he could strike a powerful blow with a baseball bat, but that also applied to his fists. If he strengthened his hits with his ability, he could surpass the force of a swing with a baseball bat. In addition, through his baseball training, he was able to foresee what the other player was up to, based on their movement, posture, and facial expressions. Now it was their job to transfer this knowledge to combat situations so that he could learn how to read an opponent and dodge or attack accordingly.

The longer they trained him, the more Aleks got a feel for specific combat moves. Belial and Lyric differed fundamentally in their combat styles. Belial's radius of motion was larger because of his sword, but the movements took longer. Lyric's, on the other hand, were short and fast, as he had more freedom of movement due to his use of Karambit knives.

Ariana usually watched the training without saying a word, however, today she broke the silence. "Can I interrupt you for a moment?" she asked.

The trio stopped training and went to her. In the last few days, she had noticed that Aleks' movements and speed had changed. Such an increase in such a short time made her suspicious. "Lay on the ground, Aleksander, I want to investigate something."

Aleks did as he was told and laid down. She pulled up Aleks' training shirt and bared his belly. Belial looked over her shoulder critically as Ariana activated Aleks' seal so that it appeared over his belly. Four circular, floating on top of each other. Wait a moment.

"As I thought," Ariana said with a disturbing undertone. The top circle was almost nonexistent, like it was dissolving.

"The seal dissolved. It seems unstable," she confirmed what Belial was thinking.

"What exactly does this mean, Ariana?" Belial asked.

"Simply put Bebe, Aleks' seal is gradually weakening. At this rate, his body can get used to it without any complications. For me, it looks like an integrated decay mechanism," she answered.

"Does this mean that that's intentional?" Lyric asked Ariana.

"I can only make guesses, but that's what it looks like. Very fascinating. I've only seen one seal that could dissolve itself."

Aleks suddenly felt like an insect under the microscope. "How long until it dissolves completely?" he asked.

"I can't possibly answer that. Depending on how quickly your body accepts the released magic, it can go faster or slower. We're going to have to watch and wait."

The others nodded. The seal disappeared into Aleks' belly before he stood up, and they continued the training.

By the end of the day, Aleks was so exhausted that as soon as he fell into bed, he fell asleep. The next morning, he woke up in Belial's arms. How long have they been in San Francisco? How much time had passed? He had lost his sense of time.