Free

Alex's POV

"Vause, get the fuck up! You're coming out of this shit hole today. Go and line up with other bitches there". A CO woke me up and startled me.

I was about to say something sarcastic but I hold myself. I don't want to get a shot while I'm finally coming out.

I can't stay in this place any longer. Besides, Piper, is coming here today to pick me up.
My wife will literally bust in here and kill me herself if I'm going to do something stupid and add more time to my sentence.

I got up and went to line outside with other female prison coming out today.

They had me fill up and sign some papers. I had to write down our home address and Piper's contact number for the post release supervision.

After that it is "mandatory" to take a shower before they let you go. I don't really understand this concept. I mean, who wouldn't want to take a shower?

The prison provide for us clothes that we can wear once we're out. They each gave us a grey sweatshirt, pants and white shoes.

They also gave us time to say goodbye to our friends.

"I'm going to miss you, kid". Boo, said while giving me a tight hug.
Then come Jones, Norma, DeMarco and lastly Gina.

"I am going to miss you guys so much. You are my family here". I feel like I am leaving a part of myself here to these women.

"Hey Vause, can I have your things since you're coming out anyway and I'm your family?". Boo, asked looking at me and flutter her eyes.

"I'll give it to you if you stop that. You're creeping me out".
I chuckled.

"Yes, you can have them. And also I have some money left in the commissary you guys can have it".

"That's what I'm talking about!!". Boo, shouted while slapping her hands on the table.

Everybody else joined laughing.

"Okay everybody line up".

There are atleast 7 of us going home today.
I bid my friends goodbye and walk to the door.

This is it, I am going to finally see my wife and get to hold her.

They open the steel gate and I am the first one to go out. I search around looking for, Piper. I have no idea what car she is driving.

Then I saw her coming out of the car across from me. A shiny black Subaru.

She run towards me and I open my arms to hug her. But she slammed into me so hard I almost toppled over.

"Woah! Gently, Pipes". I said chuckling while gaining back my balance.

She hugged me very tightly and buried her face in my neck and just started sobbing.

"Hey babe, what's wrong?". I asked.

She didn't answer me and just continue crying. We are standing in the middle of the road so I have to literally half carry and drag her at the same time to the car. I leaned my back on the car and just hold my wife until she calm down.

After a few minutes she's finally starting to come down and untangled her arms around me. I wipe her tears with my hand.

"Hi". I said smiling.

She look at me and I hold her face between my hands and kiss her softly on her lips. Gosh! How I miss my wife so much.

I was pulling my lips away from her when she grabbed hold of my waist and pull me closer to her body and she deepened the kiss. I then felt her hand going to the back of my neck. She opened her lips slightly and I slipped my tongue inside her mouth. I heard her let out a soft moan and she aggressively tugged my hair with one hand and the other hand aggressively moved to my chest and squeeze my breast.

I have to stop her this time. I hold her from the arm and gently pull her away from me.
Oh my needy wife. I chuckled internally.

"As much as I want to make love to you right here, right now. This isn't the right place. I just got out of there". Pointing to the prison.

"And I don't have any plans on going back again".

"I'm sorry Al, I am just so relieved to finally see you. I got so worried when you didn't come out on time. I thought...". She was about to cry again.

"Hey, hey. I'm here now. See? ". I did a full circle in front of her. She smile the most perfect smile that I like.

"Let's get out of here before they change their mind and bring me back in". I said jokingly and that made Piper, laugh.

I open the passenger door and slid inside. I put my seat belt on and thinking it's weird how normal this feels.

Piper, slide in the driver seat.
"Oh, I have something for you, babe". She said smiling.

She reach around the back seat and grab something. She then hands me a brown paper bag.

I opened it and it was a burger from Shake Shack.
"Oh my gosh, Piper!". I am literally bouncing in my chair right now.
"You didn't forget".

I leaned in and kisses her on the cheek.

"And I also got you this...ta-da!". She held up a cup in front of me.

"Milk shake!!". I am screaming now.
"I feel like it's my birthday already".

"Sorry, Cate Blanchett is not available today. So it's just me". She said playfully and I had to laugh out loud.

I literally tear open the bag and take a bite of my burger. I close my eyes and lean on my seat and savor every bite. I grab the cup and drink my milkshake.

"Slowly Al, I don't want you choking and die. I just got you back". Piper, said teasing me.

I finish the whole thing in 2 minutes.

"That was so fucking good. Thank you, Pipes". I reach for my wife's hand and brought it to my lips.

"I love you, Piper".

"I love you too, Al".