Ysabella

Alex's POV

I was driving the car going to the hospital and I knew Piper is in severe pain. I keep glancing at them in the rear view mirror. Arizona is with her in the back and trying to soothe her. She already called the hospital and Piper's OB. They both work at the same hospital which is a great relief.

"You're doing great Piper. Just take a deep breath".

"Oh my God! It hurts!". Piper started to scream.

"I know, I know. We're almost there".

The hospital is not that far from our new house and when we got there we have a room right away and Piper was hooked up to all the machines. We are able to hear our baby's constant heartbeat and it feels very comforting hearing the little wave of sound.

Piper was already in active labor and she was 6 cm dilated when we arrived. She was being monitored by the nurse to check how she's handling the contractions.

Piper's pain started to worsen as the hours progress. She then started vomiting and I was holding a bucket for her. Now I feel bad for giving her so much food earlier.

Another hour flew by and Piper wasn't able to walk or to talk. She just curled up in a ball and was groaning and crying. I really feel bad for her but I couldn't do anything so I stayed beside her and comfort her. I keep stroking her hair and reassure her that I'm here for her.

This is one crazy night. Her doctor, however, had left to see other patients. The only people in the room with me is Arizona and the delivery nurse. We wanted Arizona to be our doctor from the beginning but she politely refused. She said she doesn't want to mix her social and professional life. She explained that Doctors must keep their relationship with patients professional, or they might risk making mistakes which cloud their judgment and affect their objectivity and clinical decision making. We understand and respect that, but right now with all the craziness going on here, I'm just grateful for her presence.

Piper doesn't want any medication and want to do this naturally. I think she's very brave for doing this.

"Alex, can you help me get up?". Piper moaned.

"Why? What do you need?". 

"I want to go to the toilet, I think I'm going to poop".

"Seriously? Right now?". I was amused but still helped her get up.

I noticed Arizona's head snapped up and she got up from the couch and walk towards us.

"Alex, put her back". Arizona said sternly.

"She needs to go to the bathroom". I informed her.

Arizona was quick and she insisted to put Piper back on the bed and she will check on her.

She gasped loudly. "Okay Piper, I want you to relax and push hard on your next contractions. You're baby's coming out".

"What?". Piper blurted. A full panic in her voice.

"Oh my God! Piper, you can do it". I said in encouragement.

Arizona then started to scrub in. She put on some surgical gloves and was giving instructions to the nurse.

On her next contraction Piper was gripping the side railing of the bed so hard that her knuckles were white and she started pushing.

"Very good, keep pushing, Piper". Arizona said.

"I can't do it... Alex, I can't". She started sobbing. I feel really bad seeing my wife like this.