The Reception

Alex's POV

The wedding flowed into the reception smoothly and we timed it perfectly. The sun is just setting behind the trees and the stream behind our lawn is glistening with orange light. The ceremony lasted exactly the right amount of time.

Our backyard once again turned into a lovely venue. There are thousands and thousands of flowers hanging above us as well as thousands of sparking lights surrounded our property. Miranda, really did a great job again. She never fail to impress me everytime.

The evening slowed down and everybody relaxed as the soft music playing surrounded us. A selection of music we had chosen was played throughout the event.

Our guest was whisked away to cocktail hour, which Nicky kept saying "happy hour". Well, I won't disagree with her, because let's be honest that's what it is.
The food is also fantastic and everybody seems to be having a great time.

"Congrats, guys!", Cal yelled excitedly and engulf me and Piper in his big bear hug. I can literally feel Piper's cheek and mine rubbing each other.

"Thank you for coming here Cal, it means a lot". I said politely to him after he released us from his embrace.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world and it sounded like fun so I thought I'd come. And also..."

He leans closer and whisper,
"I am doing this Full Body Detox thing. Mind you it wasn't my idea, it was Neri's idea and I'm not allowed to have alcohol so this is a good excuse to drink". He said and winked at us.

"Oh my God! That's terrible. No alcohol?". Piper blurted.

"Yeah, you know her, she will go ballistic so I can't say no". Cal made a face.

"I can still remember when she let us drink her breast milk. Jesus!". Piper added.

"Oh yeah, don't remind me". Cal replied and shook his head.

"Wait, she lets you guys drink her milk?". I asked surprised.

"It's a long story Alex. Anyway, I'm happy that you are now officially my sister".

I was surprised by his last statement and I felt a rush of joy. I've never had a brother or a sister growing up so I don't know how it feels to have one.

Behind him patiently waiting is Piper best friend, Polly. She smiled shyly and walk towards us. I realized I was holding my breath at the woman in front of me.

"Congratulations. It's good to see things work out for you both," Polly said. "I'm happy for you guys." Both Piper and Polly hugged each other.

"Thank you, Poll. That means a lot to us". Polly pulled away from Piper to look at me.

"Thank you for coming here. For supporting Piper". I mumbled

And I was surprised once again when she hugged me.

"You're welcome". She replied and I was surprised at the optimism in her tone.

Perhaps, everything will be okay, everything will work out. Might not be tonight, tomorrow or the next day, but everything's gonna be okay eventually.

*******************************

My eyes scanned the crowd as I search for, Piper. I was cornered by Neri a while ago and was introduced to some of Piper's family members. I was given soft, warm hugs and a lot of kisses from their family.

Finally, I found my wife talking to Nicky's mom, Marka Nichols. I made my way to them and put my hand on Piper's waist.

She spin around to look at me.