Woman of my Dreams

Alex POV

How amazing it is that children grow up in a blink of an eye. Three years have passed and Bella, at this age has become more curious as she try so hard to make sense of the world. You can hear it, if you listen to her questions. Millions of questions.

As adults we may tend to ridicule or brush aside most of the things children say, apart from some clear signs of pain or hunger, yet if one takes a minute to sit back and think about the words coming out of a little one's mouth or their actions, it is difficult to be not amazed. Its amazing to even think about how much or what is going in the minds of small children.

One time I was sick so I stayed in bed all day. I haven't eaten because it's hard to keep things down. My daughter burst in the door of our bedroom excitedly.

"Mommy! Mommy! We made soup!". She yelled proudly and climb in bed with me. 

"Bella what did I tell you?" Piper said following behind her. "Be gentle with mommy, she's sick".

"That's fine, babe". I murmured.

"We made you some chicken soup, I hope this helps you feel better". Piper said as she place the tray beside me.
"How are you feeling?".

"Disgusting, nauseous". I said and sit up.

Bella scoot closer beside me. "Mommy, it's really yummy". My daughter whispered and pointed at the soup.

"Did you helped Mama made this?". She nod her head vigorously.

The soup was actually really delicious that I finished the whole thing. Bella was really happy watching me eat the food she help made.

A few weeks prior to that Piper asked me what I want to eat for dinner and I said chicken soup. My daughter in the other room heard our conversation and she came to the kitchen with a worried look on her face.

"Mommy, are you sick again?".

"No love, why did you ask?".

"Because you said you want chicken soup".

Yes, those tiny little minds are incredible and almost at times unbelievably active.
*******************************

We are staying in New York for two weeks visiting Piper's family. Right now the three of us are going to the restaurant to have some lunch before heading out to Piper's parents. I really miss New York, but I hate the traffic here.

"Mommy what's over there? Is that a candy store?".

Bella is in the back, strapped in her car seat.
I crane my neck trying to see around the car next to us.
"I think it is, honey".

"Can we go?".

"You'll have to ask your mom".

Piper is sitting in the passenger side and doing some stuff in her laptop. Probably getting things done at work. I'm pretty sure she didn't even hear what Bella said.

"Mama?".

"Yes, sweetie?". Piper answered back.

"Can we go to the candy store later?".

"Maybe after we all have lunch together. Is that okay?".

My daughter trying to contemplate about it for a few seconds.
"I guess that's okay," she said.

Even though she's still little, but her vocabulary is pretty impressive. Sometimes the way she talked made it easy to think of her as an adult.

"Mommy, do you think they have eggs there?"