New friend

"Excuse me?". I didn't understand what she meant.

"I said the view up here is pretty". She repeated.

"Oh yes, I agree". I said and nod my head.

"You can never get used to this view, right?". She said while looking down at the lights below us.

"Do you come here often?". I asked curiously.

"Not so much... maybe once every week, it depends really if I'm not busy". She said and took a sip of her drink.

"You?". She asked.

"It's my first time here". I replied.

"Ah, I thought so too. I'm familiar with the regular ones here". She said and look behind her back to the bar.

She come here often so she's probably well off. I secretly check on her and I have to admit she's gorgeous. About 5'5 tall, wavy long blond hair, piercing blue eyes and cute dimples. She really gives off a very friendly vibe and I was suddenly curious about her.

"So what do you do? If you don't mind". I asked.

"I don't mind". She giggled.
"I'm a Surgeon". She said smiling and her perfect dimples showing. No wonder she's rich, she's a surgeon.

"My name is Arizona by the way". And she extend a hand and I reach mine and we shake hands.

"Like the state, Arizona?". I thought that's an odd name.

"I get that question a lot about my name". She smirk and she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear before speaking again.

"But no, not the state. I was named after a battleship the
U.S.S. Arizona, which my grandfather served and died. I came from a Military family". She said and take the last sip of her drink. Hmmm, interesting.

"My name is Alex".

"Nice meeting you, Alex. So what do you do?". She asked casually.

"Oh I'm not working right now". I said suddenly feeling embarrassed. I was hoping she wouldn't push any further about my employment.

"So what brings you to this place? I saw you with someone earlier". She said and cock her head to the side.

I'm glad she didn't ask further about me being unemployed because I don't want to talk to her about my life as a convicted felon. I like her because she doesn't pry about other people's business.

"Oh yeah, that's my friend. It's my bachelorette night. I'm getting married tomorrow". I said and take the last sip of my drink.

"Oh really? Wow! Congratulations! Come on then, another rounds on me". She walk back inside and I followed her.

I spotted Nicky sitting on the bar stool looking at me smiling. I guess she was there sitting watching me the whole time.

Arizona, walk towards Nicky.

"Hi, you're Alex's friend right?". She said and shake Nicky's hand as well. Nicky gave me an inquisitive look.

"Yes, I'm Nicky".

"Arizona. I heard your friend here is getting married tomorrow so I'm buying you guys a drink".

I like her confidence but at the same time she's very polite and friendly.

After getting another round of our drinks we all went to sit on one of the lounges and talk. This place is really nice and relaxing. No wonder Nicky won't shut up about this.