Awakened

Alex's POV

I can hear some loud annoying sound and I can feel pain again. My limbs ache, my head is pounding and my ribs hurt everytime I breath.

I open my eyes and I am in a bright room. There's wires everywhere and monitors. Now I know where the annoying sound is coming from. It's the sound of my heart.

Piper is asleep, sitting beside me and leaning on my bed with her head on her folded arms.

I lift my hand, grateful that my body responded. My arms are covered in bruises.
I run my fingers through her soft blond hair. She didn't wake up.

"Piper". I said softly careful not to startle her.

"Yes I'm awake! I'm awake!". She was startled.

I almost laugh at her face.
She stood up automatically as if on cue and look around, like she's been doing this for quite some time. She look tired, there's dark circles under her eyes and she looks like she lost a lot of weight, but that's impossible. She can't be loosing weight that fast. I was just with her, what? Yesterday?.

She look disoriented and confused. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I don't understand her reaction. She seem scared.

She finally open her eyes and look at me. She looked surprised to see me as if she's seeing me for the first time.

"Hi". I murmured. My throat hurts so bad like something was shoved in there.

"Alex!". She screamed.

"Oh my God, oh my God!". She cried.

"You are awake!".

"Are you awake?". She questioned.

"Yes, I guess I am". I answered and I laughed at her reaction.

That was a bad move. My ribs hurt. I have to remember not to laugh.

"Ouch". I moaned in pain.

"What hurts?". She asked panicking. She didn't know what to do.

"I'll call the Doctor. Oh my God".

She tried to leave but hit herself onto the chair and she almost fell down. I instinctively got up and reach out to try to catch her.

Holy Fuck!

A searing pain hit me. I closed my eyes and bit my tongue to hold myself together trying not to scream. I was knocked out of breath. I think I'm going to pass out, I may have some broken ribs. My body is shaking from too much pain.

Piper, caught herself just in time and ran back outside.

Jesus! She is so clumsy.

"She... She just woke up. She's over there". I can hear her voice from inside the room.

"My wife is awake and she's in pain can you please help her?". She told someone and I'm assuming it's the nurse.

"I'll page Dr. Shepherd". I heard the nurse replied.

She rush back to my room. The pain is gradually easing and I didn't notice I was trying to hold back my breath.

"Fuck! Babe, what hurts?". She demanded anxiously. I tried to hide the pain but I know she can still see it.

"Everything". I said gritting my teeth.

"Oh my God".

I open my eyes and notice Piper hovering over me. She is probably trying to hold me and comfort me but too afraid to touch me.