New Car

Alex POV

Piper, went to the bathroom to wash her face. I am getting dressed. The sex was very intense and I needed that to release all the build up tension in my body. I was so stressed from planning this party.

I went to the mirror and I saw the hickey Piper did and my hair is all over the place. I comb my hair and smoothen my clothes. I tried to hide the hickey but it's still showing.

They're all probably wondering where we are.

"Babe, are you done?". I call for Piper.

"Yes Babe, I'll be there". She called back.

Piper, got out of the bathroom looking fresh again and we head out the door.

I open the glass door and Nicky, is right outside. She looked at us and grin.

"Are they looking for us?". Piper, asked Nicky.

"Yes, they have been wondering where you two are. Where have you been?".

"I was... um...I mean we were just-" Piper stuttered

"Hanging out". I blurted. Damn! That was a lame excuse.

"Yeah, so I heard". She teased

"Are we that loud? Oh god!". Piper, said embarrassed.

"Not really, I went inside to check on you guys and that's when I heard". She informed us.

"Why do you think I'm guarding here outside?". She raised her eyebrows.

"Hey Callie!". She shouted.
"You can come inside, you can use the bathroom now!". Nicky, said and retreated back to the party.

Me and Piper looked at each other and giggle.

I made small talks to Piper's family. Piper, grew up in a rich household. Her grandfather owns a bunch of different businesses and her father own an accounting firm.

Me on the other hand, have nothing to be proud of. I grew up poor, my mom has to work multiple jobs just to raised me. I can't even find a decent job because of my background. I am nothing compared to, Piper. Let alone ask her to marry me.

I feel like I'm hyperventilating so I excused myself and went inside the house. I sat on the sofa to calm myself down.

Everybody was having a good time so they wouldn't notice I was gone. Nicky, is such a delight. She keep everyone entertained.

A few minutes passed and I heard the glass door open.

"Alex?". Piper called

"I'm here". I waved my hand at her.

"Are you okay? What are you doing here?". She asked looking concerned.

"I'm alright, I just need a minute away from there". I said letting her know.

"Why, what's wrong? Tell me". She said very concern now. She put her hand under my face to force me to look at her.

"Tell me".

"It's just your family. You have a perfect family, Piper. And I can't compete to that". I explained.

"Hey, nobody is competing here. And my family is far from perfect. You know what I mean and you know that." She tried to explain. "Where's all these coming from?" Her eyes brow scrunching together.

"I can't give you a life that you deserve. A life that you used to grow up to. Piper, I grew up poor and right now even if I can find a job it won't be enough". I said frustrated.