Nicky

Nicky's POV

My parents suddenly became aware of my existence. Now that I've totally moved out of the house they suddenly want me to be a part of their life. They would call me often, though I'd rather want them to ignore me. I'm not trying to be an ungrateful brat but I never had a good relationship with my parents.

"Are you sure you're keeping your nose out of trouble?". My mother asked.

"Yes mom, ofcourse". I replied annoyed.

Why do they always think that I'm going to do something stupid.
I've been doing very impressive lately. I never do drugs or even tempted to do drugs. A big part of that is because of Alex and Piper.

I am completely happy with my life right now. For the first time I feel very satisfied with my life and I'm pleased with my progress.

"How is Alex doing now?". My mom interrupted my thoughts.

"Ummm, she's doing excellent actually. But we're still keeping a close eye on her. She goes to therapy once a week".

My parents know about Alex's accident.

I'm actually pretty impress with Alex's recovery. She is a really tough woman, I admire her dedication and her strength to rise back up.

"Good to know that she's doing great and how about Piper? I missed talking to her". My mom whined.

My mom and Piper grew fond of each other over the course of weeks that we stayed at the hospital and even after we went back home after Alex was discharged.

Everytime she would call, she'll look for Piper and both of them would talk over the phone for hours. Which I'm always grateful for Piper, that way I don't need to talk to my mother.

She even sent my mom boxes of her soap products and lotions.

"Mom, you just talked to Piper the other day". I had to roll my eyes at her.

"I know, but it seem like a very long time already". She said dramatically.

"So dramatic". I murmured softly.

"What did you say? I didn't catch that".

"Nothing mom. I said I'm sure she missed you too". I lied.

"Okay, honey. Well, I have to go now. I'll call you again". My mom said.

"Sure, mom. Bye".

"Bye, honey".

I hung up the phone and went to my kitchen to look for something to eat.

I came back to my apartment 2 days ago. I figure I should give Alex and Piper some privacy. They need some fluffy time together.

I enter my never been used kitchen and look for something to eat.
Damn! I only have cereals here and they're probably expired. I groaned.

I like staying over at Alex and Piper's house because they always have food available. Alex is fond of cooking and trying different recipes. She is an awesome cook and she would stock up the fridge with a whole lot of different, delicious, home made cooked meals. If I ever go hungry I'll just grab whatever I want in the fridge and heat it up.

I guess I'll have no choice again but to order crappy food.

After my order arrived I eat in my living room in front of the TV.
I'm not used to living alone anymore, it's depressing and sad. I live in a 2 storey apartment with 3 bedrooms. This place is bigger than Alex and Piper's house but I'd rather stay at their home than here. After dinner I lounge on the couch and continue watching TV.