Park

Piper's POV

I went home to pick up some clothes for me and Alex. Nicky is under observation and we don't know how long they have to keep her. She doesn't like the idea of staying at the hospital. We all have bad experiences with that place.

When I open the door to Nicky's room I found her on the bed laying down and there's a woman sitting next to Alex on the couch. All three of them are laughing.

I didn't recognized it was Arizona at first because she's not wearing her doctor uniform.

"Hey guys!". I greeted them.

"Hi babe". Alex immediately stood up and grab the bag I was holding and gave me a swift kiss on the lips. Alex is always so thoughtful and kind.

"I appreciate the chivalry and it's kind of turning me on". I whispered and Alex chuckled.

"How's your drive?".

"So boring". I moaned.

"Why don't you take a sit and rest". Alex said.

"Looks like you guys are having fun here". I said as I was walking towards Nicky.

"Yeah, Arizona's staying here for a while". Nicky answered.

I stood beside Nicky and lean down to kiss her forehead. She's still a little hot from fever. 

"Maybe we can order some food and eat here together". I offered.

I am starving and the last time me and Alex had a proper meal was breakfast.

"That sounds pretty tempting but I can't. I have a date later". Arizona said.

"Oh that's nice, your husband?". I asked.

"Tinder date, and nope". She shook her head. "No husband just ex-wife". She said flashing her perfect smile and showing her dimples.

I didn't know she was gay, maybe I should have known but she doesn't give off that gay vibe. I'm no expert in telling if someone is gay or not unlike Alex.

"Oh I see. I hope you have fun then".

"I hope so too". She said and her phone ring. She took it out of her bag and read the message.

"Okay that's my cue. I don't want to leave the lady waiting. I have to go guys and I will see you again tomorrow". She said and stood up from the couch.

"Get some rest and drink lots of water". She said to Nicky before heading to the door. We also bid her goodbye.

"Bye ladies". She said one more time before closing the door.

We ordered food and eat our dinner. Nicky barely even touch her food. She just shuffle around the content of her plate.

The couch can also be turned into a sofa bed so there's enough room for me and Alex to sleep in.
Despite that we still have trouble falling asleep.

By 10:30 Nicky was finally sleeping but me and Alex are wide awake. We watch TV but then I got bored so by around midnight I asked Alex if she's up for a night stroll.

"Alex, are you sleepy?". I whispered.

"No, are you?".

"Nope, wanna go for a walk at the park?".

"Yeah, sure." Alex agreed.

The park is bright from the street lights. It's just me and Alex here. I hook my left arm to Alex's right arm and we walk slowly. We've never done this before, walking in the park in the middle of the night. The air is a little bit chilly and you can hear the crickets and other animals making a chirping sound. Despite the animal sounds It's peaceful in here.