Alex's Birthday

Piper's POV

Today is May 16th and it's Alex's birthday. We are having a celebration in our home and we invited our friends to come over.

Nicky, Amelia, Lexie, Arizona and Callie are coming over. This is going to be Alex's first birthday in our new house and I am very excited. We're going to have a pool and barbecue party.

Yesterday we went shopping for decorations and we also did some grocery shopping. I want this day to be special for Alex so I went all out. I was tired after we got home last night that I didn't even bother taking a shower and I just went straight to bed.

Today when I woke up I felt some lower back pain. It didn't hurt so bad that I just ignored it, maybe I was just too tired from the other day.

Alex, is still treating me delicately and was so over protective that she doesn't want me to go to work, so I've been working from home these past few months.

I got up from our bed very slowly, my stomach feels so heavy now that's it's hard for me to move. I woke up starving so I made my way to our kitchen and Alex is nowhere to be found. She might've went out for her usual morning run. Nicky might still be sleeping upstairs because the house is so quiet.

I figure I'll make breakfast for us. I was half way through making our food when I heard the front door open.

"Alex?". I called and she didn't answer, but I can hear her footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Hey Pipes!". She greeted me when she enter the kitchen. She is dripping wet from her morning run and she looks kinda hot.

"Happy Birthday, Babe!". I said and reach my arms out to embrace her.

"No, no, no. I'm still yucky". She protested but lean closer to give me a kiss. I don't care if she's drenched in sweat, I still grab her and hugged her tightly. She didn't protest when I embrace her and she hugged me back.

I was the first one to break away from her.

"Happy Birthday! I love you".

"I love you too and thank you". She replied. "What are you making?". She said and examine the counter.

"I'm making some waffles and the bacon is cooking in the oven. You want anything else?".

"Coffee please". She said smiling. "You want help there?".

"Nah, I'm good here. Why don't you go get cleaned up and we'll have breakfast together when you're done". I suggested.

"Alright, I'll be right back". Alex turn around and walk.

She was half way out the kitchen when I called her back.

"Oh Alex?".

"Yeah?".

"Don't forget to wake Nicky up after your shower so we can all have breakfast together".

"Sure, babe".

I just finished making breakfast and was already pouring Alex's coffee when I felt another cramping on my lower back. It lasted for a few seconds and then it stopped completely. I'm not due until next week so It's probably just another braxton hicks.

It goes on through out the day and I didn't tell Alex because I don't want to ruin her birthday just incase it's false labor. It wasn't that painful and I rarely had to stop what I was doing since they were very bearable.

At around 3 pm our friends started coming over. Nicky and Amelia did a great job decorating the pool area. We also set up a table with all the food and drinks. So far this is the most relax party we've ever had.