Anxiety

A few weeks passed and I'm starting to get depressed and cranky. I cannot stay in this fucking depressing place anymore. I only feel minimal pain, infact I've been out of my pain meds for a week now. My ribs are healing satisfyingly good along with my leg.
I still need therapy for my injuries but the doctor said they're healing quite impressively.

Piper has been going back to work as well while I stay at the hospital with Nicky. I miss my wife constantly and I worry for her.

I continuously feel uneasiness and I can't seem to chill-out. I have difficulty focusing and thinking clearly. I am plagued by irrational fears and I always feel like something bad will going to happen. Sometimes I would feel this surge of overwhelming panic without any reason at all and feeling of losing control.

I tried to distract myself by thinking positively and by doing deep breathing exercises that I found on google which is pathetic.
I want to go home and staying in this place is contributing to my anxiety.

Nicky, as always is fun to be around with. But she always makes me laugh which sucks because it would hurt my ribs when I laugh too much.

It was mid in the afternoon when Dr. Shepherd came to my room. He checked all my latest scans and blood works.

"Hmmmm". He expressed.

Fuck! What is it this time? I hate the suspense and I'm already preparing my self for the worse.

"Well... it looks like everything is okay. Your scans are good and your blood work is clear, there is no infections. I guess we'll have to discharge you, there's no point in keeping you here". He said smiling

"No! Seriously?". I said shocked.

I was thinking they would want me to stay longer.

"When can I go home? Tomorrow?". I said hopeful.

"How about today? Sound good to you?". Dr. Shepherd replied.

"Awesome!" Nicky screamed.

"That's Great! I'll call my wife right now". I said excitedly.

Oh my God! I'm sure Piper, would flip and she'll be so happy that I'll be able to go home.

I grab my phone and call her.

"Hi babe, everything okay there?". She asked.

"Yeah, everything is okay.
Dr. Shepherd was just here".

"And? What did he say?". I can hear the anxiety in her voice.

"He said that I can go home today!". I shouted

I heard her squeal in delight and followed by something that dropped on the floor.

"Oh shit!". She cussed.

"What happened?". I asked alarmed.

"I spilled my drink. Fuck!".

I had to laugh.

"Okay... you wait for me and I'll be there. I just have to finish something". She said.

"Alright, but you have to come quick, babe. I can't stay here any longer". I begged.

"I won't... Yay! This is exciting! Okay I gotta go. I'll see you. Love you. Bye".

"I love you, bye". I hung up the phone.

"What did she say?" Nicky asked.

"She'll be here later, she has to finish something first. I cannot wait to be home". I told Nicky.