IVF

Alex's POV

After a lot of consideration and planning we decided to go with In-Vitro Fertilization. IVF is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology. The procedure can be done using our eggs and a sperm donor.

We started our IVF journey and it certainly hasn’t been all rainbows and butterflies. We knew that IVF was the way to go if we were serious about growing our family.

We are also aware that it means we need to be spending thousands and thousands of dollars and a huge emotional investment for this to work. In addition, IVF can be very time-consuming, expensive and invasive.

I was even more surprised when Piper, told me that she wanted to use my egg for our baby.

"Wait, what? Are you serious?".

"Why do you seem surprised?".

"Well, you will be the one carrying it, so I assume you would want to use your own egg".

"Yeah well, I was thinking... wouldn't it be nice to see a mini Alex running around the house?".

Everytime I picture our baby, the first thing on my mind is a chubby blond kid with blue eyes. Now all I can think of is a raven hair and green eyes baby.

"Oh Piper, you have no idea how happy you have made me".

As I said before, it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies.
We had 3 failed IVF and it's causing a tons of pressure on Piper. I feel badly sorry for my wife and sometimes I thought if this was a good idea putting her through this. The sheer amount of medication being pumped into her body over the course of months is ridiculously mind-blowing.

I remember the first time those medications was delivered to us, was 2 huge boxes. We opened it up and arranged it on our kitchen counter. The amount of medication, syringes and needles blow my mind.

The medicine they pumped in my body when I was at the hospital after my accident was nothing compared to this.
I was not ready for it to be pumped inside my wife, but Piper didn't even flinch at the thought of being pumped with a ridiculous amount of medicine.

After 3 failed attempts I was thinking I'm done. I couldn't allow this anymore the heartbreak and the disappointment is just too much for me and Piper. I was mostly concerned about her health and the lasting effect of medication in her body.

We decided to try one last time with Piper begging me. I don't want my wife to go through this anymore but I gave it another chance. As much as I want to have a baby, I don't want to compromise her health.

We were scheduled again this afternoon to go to the doctor and see if the fourth and last IVF worked. I didn't want to get my hopes high and be crushed again so I didn't think highly of our appointment today.

Piper, on the other hand is very cranky and irritated.

I was in the kitchen drinking my coffee and looking at my laptop when Piper, stormed out of our bedroom angry.

"I asked you to get this dirty laundry out of the bathroom and you didn't do it!". Piper yelled at me carrying the basket with all our dirty clothes in it.

"I asked you one thing, Alex! One thing! Do I have to do everything around here now?". She spat at me and walk briskly to the laundry room.

I run behind her and grab the basket from her.

"Here, let me do that". I said gently trying to reduce the tension.

"Nevermind, I'll do it!". She snapped at me and pull the basket away.