Nicky

"Nicky? How are you calling me from a cellphone?". I asked confused.

We would always talk and she would call me from a telephone in prison but not from a cellphone.

"I have my ways". She said playfully.

"No, really". I asked wondering.

"It's good to hear your voice, Stretch".

I chuckled hearing her say my prison nickname.

"I'm out of prison". She said

"Oh my gosh that's good news. So where are you staying now?". I am so glad Nicky, is finally out of prison.

"Well, my parents offer me to go back home and live with them". she said sounding annoyed.

"But that's not happening, so I told them I'd rather live on my own close to my real family".

"You have other family?". I asked confused.

"Yes, because I have 4 kids and a loyal husband waiting for me out of prison". She said sarcastically.

"What is wrong with you Vause? outside prison life doesn't suit you so well.". I had to roll my eyes.

"I'm moving in to Ohio close to you and Piper. My father own a property close to where you guys live. Maybe 45 minutes away".

Nicky's family is very rich. When I say rich, I meant Billion dollar rich. Her family owns various companies and a lot of property all around US and maybe many more in different countries.
Being an only child she doesn't need to work for the rest of her life.

"My parents agreed but I have to keep my nose out of trouble. I'm almost 4 years sober now. I want to keep it that way and I don't want to go back to prison again". She explained.

"That's good news Nick. I'm sure Piper, would be thrilled to know you're finally out. Her birthday is coming up I'm planning a surprise party. You can be her surprise gift".

"While we're at it maybe you can wrap me up and put a bow on top of my head. How's that sound eh?". She said sarcastically.

I chuckled. God! How I miss her smart mouth.

"I missed you too Nicky. I'm really glad you're free". I said sincerely.

"I know, I miss you too kid. So when is blondies birthday?".

"Next week friday. I hope you can come".

"I'll be there, don't worry. I'll move in Tuesday so I'll have plenty of time to be at the party".

"That sounds perfect!". I exclaimed.

I am so glad Nicky is free. I don't have any friends so it's good that she's here.

Later that afternoon I receive a call from, Cal. He let me know that they are coming including Piper's parents and grandparents. They never missed her birthday. Even back in prison.

Now, all I have to do is plan this perfect party. I decided to celebrate it here at home in our backyard.
I still have to look for a catering services and I have to look for canopy tent rentals.

I am not good at hosting a "normal" birthday party. I used to throw party before but that only includes a ton of booze.

I still have 1 week to plan for this.

Piper's POV

After having wild sex with my wife I left and told Alex, I am going to work. Little did she know I'm going to buy her a brand new car. She stays home all the time and that can be very lonely. Though she keep saying she like being at home, I still want her to go out sometimes and probably make new friends. I really hope she'll make friends. Alex, is an introvert. She's quiet and reserved but very thoughtful if you get to know her.
She keep to herself most of the time and rarely make friends. But when she does, she can be the perfect best friend you could ever have. And I'm so lucky to be her best friend and wife.

I went to my favorite car dealership. I parked my car and went inside to look for, Lexie. She's the manager and a good friend of mine.

Somebody approached me.

"Good morning". Said a tall Asian guy. He has a very nice smile. He's kinda hot. I thought to myself.

"Hi, I'm looking for Lexie Grey, is she here?". I inquired.

"Yes, she's here. I'll go get her for you". He winked at me and started walking away.

I looked around looking for a nice car for, Alex. In the middle of the store I think I found the perfect car.

"Piper?". I heard Lexie's voice and I turn around. "It's you! Oh my gosh! It's been a while".

I gave her a very tight hug.
"Hi, Lex".

"Where have you been?". She asked.

"I know, I have been busy these past months. With the business and my wife is finally here". I said.

She's one of the few people who knows about my past and didn't judge me. She understand people make bad choices in life but that doesn't mean they are bad people. She has been a good friend to me since I came here in Ohio. We became friends when I first got here and purchased my first car.

"Really? Alex, is here? Congratulations!".
She said grabbing my shoulders and literally start jumping.

"That's really awesome, Piper. I am so happy for you".

"Thank you". I said really grateful

"Anyway, I'm here because I want to buy a car for, Alex. I'm going to surprise her". I said beaming at Lexie.

"Alright, I'll show you around then".

"Actually, I want to see that one over there in the middle". I pointed my finger.

"Ooohhh, you have good taste". She said praising me. "That's the newest edition. Subaru Legacy Limited XT". And then she went on and on about the standard feature.

"So what do you think?" She asked after a few minutes.

"You're really good at your job Lex, you convinced me." I said praising her.

"I like it, I think it'll be perfect for my wife. Can I have it in crimson red. I like that color on her."

"Yes, we can pre order that one for you. But you'll have to wait for atleast a week. Would that be okay?".

"That's fine". I said

"We have a deal then". Lexie said and offered her hand to me to shake hands.

I laugh at her professionalism.