PAST 3

~The toilet seat with a shared secret~

I walk out of my toilet stall after flushing and wash my hands, carefully watching my reflection in the mirror. Today I have one of those days where I can't even get a bit of colour onto my cheeks, making me look either like a ghost or sick. You choose.

I sigh and run a hand through my brown hair, pulling a grimace at the reflection. Then the door particularly flies open making me jump. With a heavily beating heart I turn around and watch two alike looking red-heads storm into the toilet.

What are boys doing in here?

I stare at them with a mixture of shock and curiosity, both of them stare at me. It just gets weirder and weirder as the seconds pass on.

The slightly taller one of them hits the other one the shoulder and they turn their attention away from me towards the stalls and walk there. I just hear a door opening and clicking sounds.

What are they doing?

I know that the twins are walking troublemakers wherever they go, however, this is just too strange to react upon.

Still staring at the spot when they return it surprises me even more when I see them emerge with a toilet seat. I blink confused.

"You haven't seen us," one points at me.

The other shakes the seat: "Or this nice toilet seat."

I shake my head, unable to do anything else.

Even when they were gone I stand there frozen, what did just happen?

But that moment won't be the last where I wondered about them.