PAST 13

~The nightmare of being hungry~

"Al, Ally, Alkyone," Samuel pokes me between the rips rabidity.

"Can you stop that," I swat his hand away, looking at the parchment in front of me again.

"Al, hey, Ally," again.

"Stop it," I hit his hand away another time.

"Alkyone, Al-ky, hehe, Alky." Now he uses two fingers.

"What do you want?," I'm loosing my patience and hit my sugar quill onto the table and it breaks.

We both stare at it devastated.

"Your sugar quill," is the final answer, then he whines: "I'm hungry!"

Hitting his head onto the table with a loud thud you could her a piece of my broken sugar quill being crushed underneath.

"Ow," he whines.

I stroke his back empathizing in circle motions: "Dinner is in three hours, can you manage that long?"

In response I get a grumble. I search through my bag to get out my usual, rather deformed, quill and start to write again.

"Oh dude, I'm so hungry. Why did I never bother to befriend with a Hufflepuff more eagerly? Look at Sayo, food for her is granted," Samuel looks up: "Maybe I can find James in here."

His hoped are crushed quickly once he realized it's just us here and a girl that seems to sleep in the library. If I remember correctly her name was Jasmine.

"Would you start to study?"

"Can I have another study partner? She actually wants me to study, the absolute worst." He sighs.

"Then at least read your book that we got assigned by McGonagall."

He takes the book in his hand, opening it for five seconds before hitting it shut.

"I can't. I'm too hungry to concentrate!," he lays his head into his arms.

I shake my head and finish my essay, getting out my Arithmancy book.

Then there is a loud bang in the library making us all jump and Madame Prince furious. She instantly stands up and walks around on attention and danger mode.

"What was that?," I look at Samuel.

Then another bang, we both stand up and walk around the shelves. In the air is an arrow out of books, pointing out the library. Another bang happens when one of those books fall onto the floor, loosing the charm they had on them earlier. Slowly the arrow doesn't look like an arrow any more.

Samuel and I follow the direction the arrow showed us, having a feeling who might be behind this. We can still hear Madame Prince mumble furiously when we leave the room.

Outside is a rare sight given. Flying white papers in the air creating some sort of line. On the first one stands my Name in big letters: 'ALKYONE'

I recognize the handwriting instantly, this formed mess of a handwriting. I grab the letter and move up to the next one.

"Follow the line."

Walking to the next:

"Please don't ignore this."

I laugh and grab another note that is placed in the corner making us move around it seeing the whole corridor with these letters. Suddenly the letters all fall to the floor.