PRESENT 20

~The gathering~

"We didn't speak properly for almost a month. The biggest disagreement we ever had and later on the arguments didn't stop. He refused to tell me what happened, but claimed it had nothing to do with me. He soon stated I was stubborn and things got heated and very personal, we almost broke up."

"I mean I thought he never wanted anything to do with me after everything that happened. I know it bothered him that I wanted to save up for marriage, he never said it but sometimes his body language gave it away."

"Then my parents gave him a really hard time and I couldn't be mad at him if he said they annoyed him just that much, because they do annoy me too. After that gathering I thought he decided to give up on me. To give up on me completely."

"And I didn't get any letters back, I got ghosted at the worst time possible and I thought the whole summer long he had finally enough of me."

"Was that gathering that horrible?"

"That's complicated. It was better than most gatherings I went on, but still worse in its own way. Not to mention the fact that George never attended anything alike and had to act like a completely different person to be liked. Something I hated to see."