Chapter 19: Waves and Surprises

Credits to Alden Richard's Ig for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.

For ADN.💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 19: Waves and Surprises

~~The King's Resthouse, Batangas~~

The blowing of party horns startled her. "Surprise!" Alex came around from the side, "Happy Birthday Dearest heart!"

Issa, holding onto her chest, the shocked expression on her face slowing being replaced with delight. "Thank you!" hugging her friends and parents. She then turned to Alex and slapped his arm.

"Ouch! What did you do that for?"

"That's was for almost giving me a nervous breakdown and a heart attack all at the same time!"

All her guests laughed upon hearing her, which annoyed Alex.

Issa then moved closer to Alex, raising herself on tiptoe to give him a kiss. "And this is for all your efforts in arranging all this. Thank you. I love you."

Alex returned her kisses, his hand sliding down to her waist to hold her closer while Issa's hands crept up to his neck.

RJ yelled, "Hey you two get a room!" As everyone started laughing.

After lunch, the party sought the cool shade that the house offered. The other adults went to the game room to enjoy some billiards and some card games. When everyone got tired of playing, they sat down in the living room and exchanged stories.

Conversations were mostly focused on how things have been doing in each of the group's lives as well as that of their wives. The couples talked about their children and boasted about what they could already do.

Then the focus shifted to Gio, who brought Amelie, now his fiancée.

Mark asked, "You certainly surprised us Gio, you didn't say anything about proposing."

"I was just waiting for the right time." Gio quipped.

"But proposing under the cherry blossom trees, that was so romantic!" Issa swooned with delight.

"So your love blossomed along with the cherries huh?" Corrine smiled.

Gio stretched his arm behind Amelie's side on the sofa. "You can put it that way."

"So when's the wedding?" Alex asked this time.

Amelie replied, "We haven't decided on a date yet but I promise, you guys will be the first ones to know when."

Issa and Corrine then regaled her with all the exploits that the four best friends had done since their elementary days. These four friends, all sons of strong and famous businessmen in Manila and abroad, formed a lasting friendship and brotherhood of a lifetime when they protected Gio when he was bullied as a first grade.

Gio however wasn't overly concerned with Amelie's reaction to all that is being revealed about him. His mind was on someone else. The people in the living room were busy arguing who got the story wrong that they didn't notice Gio when he stood up and went to the porch.

Clapping his hand on RJ's back. "Why don't you join us inside?"

"Nah! I wanted to get some fresh air. You don't get much of this when you're all cooped up in an office. All you smell is air-conditioning."