Chapter 37: Penthouse and Butterfly Kisses

Ctto to the owner of the header. Photo not mine.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 37: Penthouse and Butterfly Kisses

~~St. Lukes's Hospital, BGC~~

RJ slowly woke up from his sleep. He raised his left hand to feel his lips that were still tingling. From what, he didn't know. He then looked at his left hand, surprised that he wasn't hooked up to his son anymore. He then turned to look at Sebastian on the other bed.

"My son," RJ repeated to himself over and over again as he stared at the baby's sleeping form, loving the feel of the words on his lips. With each syllable of the sentence, he felt contentment spreading throughout his being. 'I have a son!' he thought to himself.

He drew the blanket away from him and stood up. He wavered a little, his legs stiff from his sleep. "I see that you've changed clothes," RJ said to his son as he sat down on the bed, touching his small chest while his other hand run through his thick mane.

Sebastian, who was awaken by his father's presence on his bed, reached out his free hand and touched his father's shirt, showing him that he wasn't the only one who had changed clothes. RJ followed his son's hand and found out that he too was dressed in fresh clothes. Before he could think of who dressed them up, his son's nurse entered and started taking some notes on the progress of Sebastian's I.V. line and his temperature. She then asked for RJ's arm so that she could check his blood pressure.

"Do you know who changed my son's clothes?" RJ asked as he held his arm out for the nurse.

"I would presumed it's her, she was the one who stayed with you throughout the night, Sir. It's only now that I've entered the room to check on you and your son since your little accident," the nurse confided as she looked at RJ and the sleeping woman on the couch oddly, wondering what could their relationship be. "By the way Sir, Dr. Fores will pass by later to discuss something with you," the nurse added as she packed her instruments.

"Is something wrong?" RJ asked worriedly.

"I don't think so. I think your son is due for discharge later today or early tomorrow morning," the nurse answered reassuringly.

"Thank you," RJ said as he held the door for her.

RJ turned to look at the sleeping woman on the couch. He crouched down to take a closer look at her. Her face still hasn't changed; she still looked innocent in her sleep. Looking at her now, he wouldn't think that she was old enough to date, let alone have a son. But when his eyes drifted to the rest of her body, it made him think otherwise.

Motherhood had been good to her. The hints of the soft curves the last time he saw her were now more pronounced. The aptly named skinny jeans she wore hugged her hips and thighs tightly, leaving nothing much to the imagination. His eyes were then riveted to the rise and fall of her chest as she breathed calmly in her sleep.

Maine stirred, waking RJ from his trance. He took a deep breath to regain his composure. When he was sure he had enough of it, he place his arms under her nape and legs and picked her up. RJ adjusted his hold on her, making her head lean on his shoulders. When he turned to get her to his bed, he caught a whiff of her scent. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to fill his lungs with the scent that was uniquely hers.

Despite feeling the strain of her weight on his left arm, RJ just stood there for a while, relishing the feel of her in his arms. He was able to make it to the bed five minutes later.
After tucking her in, RJ sat on the bed and continued to stare at her. He reached out a hand to lightly trace her face, committing to memory every angle and slope. His hand froze when he felt her lips open in a sigh. With just a small breath, RJ felt his blood sing in his ears. He felt it course through his body in a rush. He never felt so alive than this moment with just a small breath from her. When he removed his hand from her lips, he didn't even notice that it was trembling. His mind was only focused on getting more of the elixir of his life from her lips.