Chapter 61: Fill Me In

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 61: Fill Me In

"We eloped a little after you left for your cruise." RJ answered his father as he sat opposite him in the study.

"Elope?" Jacinta questioned when Maine answered her question.

"We actually planned to have a church wedding but our schedules were always crisscrossed so RJ opted to elope." Maine explained.

Roberto sat there, perplexed. "Surely, her parents didn't have any objections having you as their son-in-law? I mean, you are a Fullerton!" He still couldn't fathom the reason why they had to elope.

'Oh I think they would have a reason or two.' RJ mused to himself. "I just couldn't wait any longer to make her mine."

Jacinta smoothed her grandson Sebastian's baby fine hair. "And this gorgeous little boy?"

"Is a honeymoon baby. He's turning 7 months next month." Maine answered, blushing.

"You're the man!" Roberto said, giving his son another congratulatory pat on the back.

"You don't know how happy I am that RJ has finally settled down. With his ways, I thought I'd never lived to see the day. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to remind you of his past," Jacinta said, reaching out to touch Maine's hand.

"It's okay.. Ma'am." Maine was at lost for words on how to properly address her.

"Mamá." Jacinta corrected her. "You are my daughter now." She smiled.

Maine gave her a smile. "Mamá, it's okay. I love him not because he is perfect but because I see his imperfections perfectly."

With her words, Jacinta was further convinced that she is the one.

"That's why I love her more than life itself. She is my life." RJ finished his confession to his father about Maine.

Roberto was stunned. He had secretly despaired for his son for having acquired his previous lifestyle and he blames himself for it. In fact, he even thought of arranging a marriage for him to put an end to his wandering ways but decided against knowing that it will only make matters worse. He gambled that in time he will find the right woman and his gamble paid off. The woman with his wife was indeed one special lady.

The adrenaline of the morning events was wearing out and Jacinta was now feeling the effects of jetlag.
"Maine my dear, I hope you don't mind but I have to retire to our room. Jetlag is getting to me," she said as she stifled a yawn.

"I don't mind at all. Would you like us to accompany you to your room?" Picking up Sebastian to accompany her.

"Yes please, if it's not any trouble."

"Not at all Mamá."

Maine caught RJ's eyes through the open doors of the study. They smiled at each other briefly. Maine inclined her head towards the second floor, asking him to follow them after he has finished his business with his father. RJ gave her a nod.

"Sleep well." Maine said as her mother in law turned down the covers on the bed.

Jacinta turned and gave her and Sebastian a kiss. "Oh dear, I know I will sleep well," giving her a meaningful look.

~~~~~~~

"So how did it go?" RJ asked as he entered the nursery.

Maine shifted Sebastian to receive RJ's kiss. "Awful."