Chapter 47: Victoria's (Little) Secret I

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 47: Victoria's (Little) Secret I

They stood there in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's warmth and presence. It was RJ who spoke first.

"Uhh.. Maine, I think we better get downstairs or our friends might think.. " He couldn't finish his sentence when he saw Maine's eyes widen at his insinuation of what his friends might think.

Maine broke away from him and started for the door, pausing by the intercom to ask for Nanny Virgie to come and take over. After giving her some instructions, they made their way downstairs in awkward silence.

When they reach the main entrance, Alex and Mark were nowhere to be found. Butler Walter informed them that the two had left in a hurry saying that something important came up at work and they had to go.

Maine did not believe a word about them going to work. She knew what they are up to. 'Aarghh those two! Wait till I get my hands on them,' she fumed silently beside RJ.

'They deserve a hearty pat on the back with this idea,' He smiled to himself at the thought that his friends were giving him the excuse to spend the day with her.

"Hey Maine, can you wait for a little more? I'll just go up and change and then I'll take you shopping. I'll be your assistant for the day." He offered as he started climbing up the stairs.

"Are you sure? Don't you have work today?" she asked a bit unsure whether to take his offer, not that she didn't like the idea but the thought of spending the day with him at her beck and call made her knees weak. She really didn't trust herself of what she might ask him to do.

"Work? I've already rearranged my schedule to be free with Sebastian during the holidays before you came so I'm definitely free today," his answer floating down to her at the bottom of the stairs.

When he disappeared from her sight, she asked the butler where she could make a call in private. Butler Walter showed her RJ's home office. She pressed her parent's home number and waited for them to pick up.

RJ was about to go out of his room when he remembered he wanted to call the florist. He went to his table and picked up the phone and pressed line one. His eyes widened and he quickly covered the mouthpiece with his hand as soon as he heard Maine's voice was on the other end. And so was a man's voice. Then he heard her say I love you. The urge to slam the phone was strong but he held on, wanting to know who the hell was the man she was saying I love you to. He felt ridiculous when he found out. He put the phone down to give Maine back her privacy.

"Tatay, did you press something?" Maine questioned when she heard a click on the other end.

"No. Why?" her father replied.

"That's funny, I swear I heard a click," she explained.

"Maybe it's just your imagination. Anyway, are you sure that the two of you are all right? You really want us to drop the investigation here?" her father questioned.

Maine answered in the affirmative to all that her father asked. When she was asked for the address where they were staying, Maine declined to give him an answer, explaining that she needed to figure things out in Manila before she can tell them. She assured her father again that they were both alright and that she would be calling them again in the afternoon, manila time to talk to her mother. She wanted to personally tell her that they are okay.