Chapter 33: The Tie That Binds

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 33: The Tie That Binds

~~Fullerton Mansion~~

The early evening breeze blew in the white frilly lace curtains that adorned the newly renovated nursery.

Hundred Acre woods was the motif of the room, so Pooh Bear and friends were all over the place. The crib was bedecked in Pooh inspired covers and duvet. The mobile had Tigger and Piglet hanging and twirling. Even the small dresser that was to keep Sebastian's newly delivered clothes had Eeyore on it. As soon as RJ entered with Sebastian, the baby gave a clap of recognition at the characters that were painted on the walls.

RJ spotted the rocking chair near the window and decided to try it out. They were just beginning to get comfortable when butler Walter entered the room, holding the wireless phone with his hand covering the mouthpiece.

"Señorito, your secretary said it's urgent."

RJ, looking a bit annoyed, still took the phone from the butler. "Samuel, Can't you move it?

Rj responded to his secretary's reply with a heavy sigh. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

RJ ended the call and put the phone on the side table. He saw Nanny Virgie at the crib, already pulling the covers down in preparation for Sebastian's sleep. RJ stood up and placed a hand on her shoulder indicating that there was no need for the crib tonight.

RJ turned to leave the nursery and took the baby back to his room. RJ, in the short time that he had with his son, discovered that Sebastian has an affinity with the nursery rhyme 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.' It was what he used to put Sebastian to sleep that night.

He gave Sebastian a kiss on the forehead. "Good night little one." RJ reached over to turn off the bedside lamp and snuggled close to Sebby, drifting off to sleep a few minutes after.

~~Fullerton Towers, CEO's Office~~

Next Day
RJ was speaking to Alex over the phone. "So what is it tonight? Cart racing? ATV?"

"No. We're only going to go driving at South Point."

"Sure, but I'll be late."

"Neck-deep in another project again Mr. CEO of the year?"

RJ laughed. "No. I'm not finishing another project. I just need to check on something at home."

"Mark said he has a surprise for us. I wonder what he meant."

"Hmmm...Knowing Mark, I'm sure that it would be fun. Okay. I'll see you tonight bro."

"With bells on, RJ" Alex laughed before hanging up.

~~Fullerton Mansion~~

Late Afternoon
Butler Walter almost slipped on the marble floor in his haste to reach the front door. One of the maids was right behind him and gave him support. He took the maid by the shoulder and looked straight into her eyes.

"Don't stop calling Sir Richard. He must know immediately!"

After leaving his instructions, he bounding down the steps and got in the waiting vehicle. The sirens of the ambulance started to fade as it disappeared down the long driveway of the Fullerton Mansion.