Chapter 80 The Walk, The Shot and The Jam (Part 1)

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 80: The Walk, The Shot and The Jam (part 1)

Her breathing came in pants. Her lungs couldn't seem to work properly. Her throat worked hard as it tried to say what she wanted to say but the only words that came out were oh my god and his name; always his name.

His movements hastened when he heard her cry out. His heart started its erratic beating every time she calls out his name. But he didn't come as fast as she wanted.

"RJ! Hurry!"

"I'm almost there!" came his muffled answer.

"You're going to miss it!" She ranted.

"Oh my god!" He exclaimed when he came through the open doorway of Sebastian's nursery.

The object of their amazement stopped in mid-exploratory walk and stared at them.

Sebastian's parents could only stare back at their son; their now starting to walk son. They clasped hands and sighed.

Sebby leaned his head to one side and scratched his head at his parents' odd behavior. Normally, his father would already have him by the rocker to prepare him for his sleep and his mother would be ready with his milkie, which reminds him, that he is more than ready for one. Sebastian tapped his tummy and wobbled towards the dresser where he usually sees his milk bottles were kept.

RJ and Maine stood rooted to their spot; the room being filled with their gasps as Sebastian took his first wobbly steps.

After four shaky steps, midway towards the dresser, Sebastian dropped on all fours and switched to the more familiar and safe mode of travel, crawling. In no time, he was by the dresser and was struggling to heave himself up by using the handles as his grab-bars. It was when he placed his foot on one of the handles that his parents sprung back to life.

Both leaped forward at the same time that their heads bumped into one another making them end up on the floor. They happened to look at each other while each one rubbed the spot where they bumped. Their eyes twinkled, then the laugh lines started to appear until finally pearly whites started flashing, along with feminine giggles and hyena-like laughter.

The sudden commotion behind him distracted Sebastian from his climb that his foot lost its grip on the handle. Where there was solid support, there was now only air. Sebastian tried to hold on to the upper drawer handle but his hand also started to slip. The next thing he knew, he was free falling. Sebastian shut his eyes and just waited for the sound of the body hitting ground. But it never came.

Daddy was there.

"What do you think you were doing lil' mister? Le Bron James you are not, not yet anyway. I knew I should have explained more to you when we watched that movie." RJ admonished his son.

Maine ran her hands over him, checking if he got anything broken, even if she knows fully well that RJ caught him half way to the floor. "Richard Sebastian, are you trying to give Mommy a heart attack?!"

He was oblivious to their worries. Right now, nothing occupies his mind but his hunger. "Ohm." He gurgled, now locking in on the very familiar milkie smell coming from his mommy, his chubby fists pawing his way into her blouse.

RJ chuckled at his son's one-track mind. Thank god he got that from his mother. "Love, I think you better feed him or this lil' fellow might just do a repeat performance."