Chapter 90 A Reason to Start Anew

Credits to @Arnilderotas Instagram for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 90: A Reason to Start Anew

"Has she awakened?"

Her brows knotted in concern. "The doctor should be arriving soon." Jacinta shook her head. "Teddy, Roberto and I insist." A pause. "I don't think that would be a good idea. Our interference would only complicate matters." She nodded. "I'll call you as soon as we get word."

Jacinta pushed open the connecting door to the nursery from Maine's room. On silent feet, she walked behind Alexa, who was tracing her fingers over Sebastian's cherubic face. Alexa looked up and smiled at her when she appeared by her side. "Children are amazing aren't they? They can sleep through anything."

"Yes. What a day it has been." Jacinta reached down and fingered Sebastian's bracelet, wondering when his parents got this for him.

Alexa moved to the foot of the crib and started removing Sebastian's socks. "This little guy has more resilience than most adult I know. Imagine being kidnapped before Christmas." Alexa mused out loud.

"What?!"

"You didn't know? He was 'kidnapped'," her fingers doing the quotation marks in the air, "before Christmas." Maine went missing after she learned that the 'kidnappers'," finger-quotation marks again, "the call was traced here in Manila." She tapped her chin. "But if he ended up with his own family, then that couldn't be really considered kidnapping, can it?"
Jacinta didn't hear much of what she said, her mind and eyes, focused on the engraving behind the nametag of the bracelet.

She had a locket made in its likeness a long time ago; two hands clasped, one smaller than the other. "No. Although his means leaves a lot to be desired, I'm still thankful to him, he has given me back my family." Jacinta smiled at the confused look on Alexa face. She really didn't need to know it was he.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was now beyond worried. The rain was fast becoming a downpour, forcing him to switch the wiper of his car to its second speed. "Hello!"

"Alex! Have you found her?"

"Not yet Issa," Alex answered, his focus divided between the road
and looking outside the window for any signs of Maine.

Mark tapped on his shoulder. "Let's go on foot. I think we'll have better luck."

Alex nodded. "Dear, we'll be going on foot. The rain is pouring and we are having difficulty looking out the window."

"Umbrellas, Alex. Don't forget the umbrellas." Issa reminded.

"Issa," Alex groaned. "Of course, I'll bring an umbrella."

"I'm just reminding you, I don't want you to get sick."

Alex was tickled pink. "Hey I knew that," voice taking on a different tone, softer and mellower.

"Thank you."

Alex reached in the backseat for his umbrella. "For what?"

"For finding her."

"I haven't found her yet."

"But I know you will."

Alex's heart felt a squeeze. "I love you."