Chapter 97 Annick and Silk

Credits to goutalparis.com for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 97: Annick and Silk

"Ugh!" I sighed as I my upper body stretched. "What's wrong with me?" I asked no one in particular as I open, close and stretch my legs in my attempt to ward off the laziness that permeated my body.

I heard my stomach grumble and I turned my head to see the time. My eyes grew wide in surprise. I haven't slept in this long ever since I took over the company. I sat up in bed and ran my hand through my hair. I took my hand out in disgust. My hair was oily! Yuck! I threw the covers and went straight to the bathroom to wash away all the grease.

I only intended to take a quick shower as I heard another grumble from my stomach but as I passed by my wife's vanity, I caught a whiff of an irresistible aroma. I gave free reign to my nose as it sought out the smell.

'A bath it is then..'

I sighed in delight as I lowered myself into the tub, the fragrance of freshly cut flowers and citrus enveloping me, the soft light provided by the scented candles completing the ambience. I grab the bottle of bath foam and emptied its contents. My hand wiped the suds on the bottle. "Hmmm.. You're not so bad after all Annick Goutal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't concentrate on what one of the board of directors was saying; my mind still on what transpired this morning. I still can't accept the fact that he thinks I stink! Unconsciously, my head bent itself slightly to the left and sniffed myself for the nth time since I left the house. I smelled the same; freshly cut flowers with a hint of citrus.

I faintly heard my name being called as I silently fumed in my seat as his insult sunk in further.

"Mrs. Fullerton, the board is waiting for your adjournment."

I smiled brightly at the last speaker, hope that he wouldn't see in my slow reaction that I wasn't listening. I stood up and offered my hand to shake his. "Wonderful presentation." I turned my attention to the rest of the directors that were in the room with me. "I would like to congratulate everyone for having complete attendance this morning. Meeting adjourned. Good day gentlemen."

I grabbed my portfolio, shoving my copy of the presentations as I went ahead of the others; the smile on my face constant as I acknowledged their farewells. My mobile started ringing as the doors of the boardroom closed behind me. "Hello Butler Walter?" I pressed the elevator button and waited for the lift. "Has Dr. Silang arrived yet? He has? Why didn't you call me?"

"He told me that it was nothing serious and that you shouldn't be bothered. Even Señorito told me not to call you."

"How is he?"

There was a long pause. "

"Butler Walter, are you still there?"

"Yes. Señorito is fine." His voice sounded doubtful to my ears. "In fact he is eating heartily."

I remembered his request for sweet-sour-salty-and-spicy tamarind candies. "What exactly is he eating heartily?"

"He is on his second batch of tamarind candies with pork floss on the side and green mango shake."

My stomach slightly turned at what he mentioned. "How about Sebastian?"

"Señorito has just the little one down for his nap."